Summer Scholars STEM Teacher
Summer Scholars STEM Teacher
Position Number: NA - 2018
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Gainesville
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Summer Scholars STEM Teacher. The STEM Teacher will provide content instruction and hands-on learning experiences in STEM areas for middle school students participating in the Summer Scholars program.
This position will begin 05/14/18 and will end 06/28/18.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Summer Scholars STEM Teacher will:
- Develop STEM curricula for rising eighth, ninth, or tenth graders
- Teach science, technology, and math (STEM) content using inquiry methodology
- Plan and participate in field trips
- Supervise UNG interns and service learning students participating in Summer Scholars
- Interact with parents and guardians
- Create and maintain attendance and academic progress database with STEM faculty create grading rubrics
- Participate in and contribute to daily planning sessions
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required.Teacher certification in science and/or math required.
- K-12 teaching and/or higher education teaching. Science and Math preferred. ESOL teaching and/or experience working with English learners preferred.
- BILINGUAL English/Spanish skills preferred.
- Georgia Teacher Certificate
Anticipated Hire Date: 05/14/2018
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.