Course Instructor, Nursing, Translational Research
As a competency-based, student-focused, online, nonprofit university, we do things a bit differently at WGU. From the bottom up, we're designed with students in mind—particularly, the busy, working, adult student who wants to earn a bachelor's or master's degree but for whom a traditional university education simply won't do. Western Governors University is the only university in the history of American higher education to have earned accreditation from four regional accrediting commissions. The WGU nursing programs are CCNE accredited and named as a Center of Excellence (2015-2019) by the National League for Nursing (NLN).
The principal mission of Western Governors University is to improve quality and expand access to post-secondary educational opportunities by providing a means for individuals to learn independent of time or place and to earn competency-based degrees and other credentials that are credible to both academic institutions and employers.
About Translational Research
Course Instructors at WGU function as subject matter experts who assist students as they engage specific sections of the WGU curriculum. The Course Instructors do not develop WGU courses, construct tests or grade assessments. Their primary focus is on bringing WGU courses of study to life through one-to-one or one-to-many engagements.
This graduate-level course builds on your baccalaureate-level statistical knowledge to help you develop skills in analyzing, interpreting, and translating research into nursing practice using principles of patient-centered care and applications to individuals and populations This course covers the following competencies:
- The graduate interprets evidence and evaluates its applicability to nursing practice.
- The graduate evaluates comprehensive literature reviews for historical context, completeness, applicability, reliability, organization, and quality of information sources
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide coaching, support, and subject matter expertise to students enrolled in assigned course
- Communicate professionally, relate well, and share a passion for Nursing to motivate a diverse and large group of students.
- Respond to student inquiries about content, learning resources, or assessment.
- Provide relevant information on student tasks based on feedback from assessment graders.
- Coach students to competency development by asking open-ended questions, brainstorming next steps, and maintaining accountability.
- Provide additional resources to students based on content expertise, while maintaining the students' responsibility for task competency.
- Maintain current and active knowledge in area of expertise in order to bring examples and ideas to students.
- Master's Degree in health related field.
- Active and unencumbered nursing license in state of residence.
- 2+ years of instructional experience in a health related program within higher education.
- Minimum five to seven years of progressive nursing experience.
- Proven track record for effective coaching and communication skills within a diverse population.
- DNP or PhD. in Nursing
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting, and translating research into nursing practice using principles of patient-centered care and applications to individuals and populations.
WORK FROM HOME, United States