Director of Student Health Center
Director of Student Health Center (Repost)
University of Redlands
POSITION CODE: 3802
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs
MONTHS/HOURS: 10-month position/40 hours per week, off mid June to mid August
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: January 16, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Oversees the operation of the Student Health Center, and provides high quality, primary health care to an undergraduate student population of about 2400 students, 1600 of whom live on-campus. Reports directly to the University Dean for Student Affairs
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- • Supervise the health center staff comprised of a registered nurse and two medical assistants.
• Collaborate with and support the part-time physicians (2) and psychiatrists (2) contracted to provide patient care in the Health Center.
• Provide primary health care, including but not limited to: sport physicals; emergency first aid; as well as preventive, curative, and rehabilitative medical care, following standardized nurse practitioner procedures.
• Order tests and interpret diagnostic results, including but not limited to TB screening, urine analysis, mono spot, rapid strep, pregnancy, throat cultures, wound cultures, PAP, STD testing, urine for drug screening, ultrasounds, and x-rays.
• Instruct and counsel patients regarding prescription medications, birth control, pregnancy, STD's, substance abuse, eating disorders, sports related injuries, and other related health and wellness topics.
• Triage the acuity of care needed and appropriate outside referral
• Coordinate case management of patients including but not limited to, referral to specialties and hospital emergency rooms; follow-up as appropriate.
• Liaise with San Bernardino County Department of Public Health for reportable and contagious diseases.
• Oversee the maintenance, development and implementation of health center procedures and protocols.
• Assume responsibility for employee compliance with all university and health center protocols, policies and procedures.
• Maintain required medical documentation for verification of appropriate care.
• Provide wellness education; support efforts to educate the student body on wellness, well-being and responsible decision-making.
• Performs other duties and completes special projects as assigned or directed.
Current/valid California Nursing Practitioner License or Physician's Assistant License
Diploma related to professional licensure; master's degree preferred.
California transmitting number and/or DEA number for controlled substances
A minimum of three (3) years experience as a practicing NP
Ability to effectively interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse student population
Certification in CPR
Experience as a health care provider on a college campus
Education and experience in the field of women's health
Experience with the electronic medical records system PyraMED preferred
Substantive knowledge of and strong interest in the health issues of college students a must. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER