Professional Assistant - Information Technology Services
Announcement is hereby made for a 12-month, full-time, Professional Assistant position in the Office of Information Technology Services, Department of Desktop Support Services – Central on the Ammerman Campus in Selden. Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College.
The Professional Assistant reports to the Associate Director for Desktop Support Services and is responsible for managing IT systems with respect to: development, maintenance, installation, and administration; patch management, software deployment, threat detection services, Active Directory and Microsoft Group Policy. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1.Assist with the maintenance of Symantec Ghost Solution Suite servers, the development of images for multiple computer models and operating systems. Creating multiple versions of boot media.
2.Assist with the maintenance of LANDesk Management Suite server. Install new software releases and upgrades; evaluate and install patches; and resolve software related problems.
3.Assist with the maintenance of McAfee e-Policy Orchestra server. Install new software releases and upgrades; evaluate and install patches; and resolve software related problems.
4.Assist with the maintenance of Carbon Black CD Defense software. Install new agent releases. Resolve software related problems.
5.Assist with the maintenance of Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring server. Install new software releases and upgrades; evaluate and install patches; and resolve software related problems.
6.Assist with the maintenance of Microsoft Group Policy Management and the utilization of PolicyPak Application Settings Manager.
7.Agent deployments: Assist with the configuration and deployment of multiple software vender’s agents.
8.Maintain and report on day-to-day operations; patch management, application software deployment, agent deployment and status of Anti-Threat defenses.
9.Assist Desktop Computer Support Services with computer replacements.
10.Repair of computers and Printers College wide. Provide end user technical support. Install and troubleshoot application software (Microsoft Office and SCCC enterprise-wide applications).
11.All other duties assigned by the Associate Director of Desktop Computer Support Services.
Applicants must have five years of prior experience as a Desktop Support professional, with a strong background in deployment services and configuration services. A minimum of a Associate’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems or a related discipline, is required.
Preference will be given to those candidates who can also demonstrate:
• Strong knowledge of server and system administration principles
• Experience with creating and loading images
• Experience building and maintaining systems running VMWare/ESX in an enterprise environment
• Familiarity with Microsoft Internet Explorer/Active-x, Firefox/Plugins, Chrome/Plugins
• Knowledge of Microsoft KMS services
• Experience with McAfee VSE and Endpoint Protection
• Experience with the configuring of BIOS vPro settings
• Experience with Microsoft BitLocker/MBAM
• Experience with deploying Microsoft Office and other Office products
• Strong knowledge of DOS Batch program scripting
• Experience scripting with AutoHotkey
• Experience with Microsoft SMS Installer
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Installer services
• Familiarity with InstallShield Installer services
• Experience with Microsoft Group Policy and Microsoft Active Directory
• Experience with DOS and all Windows Operating Systems
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP and DNS protocols
• Able to diagnose common network issues
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience with diagnosing laser printer problems
• An understanding of SNMP printer configuration
• Experience working with Standard TCP/IP Printer ports
• Some familiarity of iOS and Android ecosystems to support the credentialing of mobile devices
Click on the following link:
Select position #17-69B and read the description.
Click Apply Online to submit resume and cover letter.
Suffolk County Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, equal pay compensation-sex, national origin, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction or disability in its admissions, programs and activities, or employment. This applies to all employees, students, applicants or other members of the College community (including, but not limited to, vendors and visitors). Grievance procedures are available to interested persons by contacting either of the Civil Rights Compliance Officers/Coordinators listed below. Retaliation against a person who files a complaint, serves as a witness, or assists or participates in the investigation of a complaint in any manner is strictly prohibited.