Interior Design Instructor
Interior Design Instructor
Full Time, Tenure Track
Job Close Date: 03/05/2018
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following:
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university AND two years experience in the Interior Design field; OR
2. Associate degree from an accredited college or university AND six years experience in the Interior Design field; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience teaching courses in Interior Design at the post-secondary level.
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in the Interior Design field.
• Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given those candidates who demonstrate a high level of professional expertise on the basis of:
• Professional experience in a number of the following areas: residential/commercial design, space planning, historical interiors, lighting design, illustration/rendering, CAD, hospitality design, and healthcare design.
• Abilities in the area of artistic/aesthetic approaches in the work of interiors.
• Abilities in modern computer applications in the world of interiors/architecture, as well as general computer literacy.
• Experience in an instructional setting, which demands direct involvement in the many aspects of education other than or beyond the role of classroom/lab instructor.
• NCIDQ certification
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Instruct a variety of courses, within the Interior Design Department, in areas of residential/commercial design, space planning, historical furnishings, lighting design, illustration/rendering, CAD and specialty design.
• Provide leadership and coordination of: instructional labs, curriculum development, department budget maintenance and student design club.
• Ability to integrate computer technology in the classroom and to use technology to offer instruction through distance delivery modes, as appropriate and if required.
• Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program, governance process and staff development activities.
• Assignments may include evening courses.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER