Working Title Electrician Lead
Eastern Washington University is currently recruiting for an Electrician Lead. The primary function of this position is the day to day directing, coordination and scheduling of the electrical shop personnel and projects.
The Lead may also perform journey level electrical installation and maintenance work.
The position reports to and is supervised by the Assistant Director of Plant Maintenance.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at firstname.lastname@example.org.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's license
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as journey status as an electrician in a union; or applicable work experience.
- Washington State Journeyman EL01
- Experience in electrical maintenance work to include frequency drives, soft starts, lighting controls, fire alarm systems.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Experience in institutional electrical maintenance
- Completion of recognized apprenticeship or trade school program as an electrician
- High voltage experience to include writing switching procedures and clearances.
Other Skills and Abilities: