Founding Director for Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Program
Cedar Crest College, in partnership with the national search firm of Scott Healy & Associates, seeks a dynamic and entrepreneurial leader to serve as the Founding Director for the newly created Doctorate of Occupational Therapy program. As a member of the Department of Health Sciences, the Program Director will lead the development of the occupational therapy program, oversee the ACOTE accreditation process, and cultivate partnerships with major healthcare providers throughout southeast Pennsylvania. The Director will be the academic and administrative officer for the DOT program and will play a major leadership role in shaping the future of health sciences education at the institution. This is a 12-month faculty and administrative appointment (eligible for tenure track depending upon qualifications) that will include teaching in the Occupational Therapy program, program and curriculum development, and student advising. The position also involves related duties such as college committee work, departmental duties, and continuing professional development.
Cedar Crest College (cedarcrest.edu), founded in 1867 under the mission to expand women’s access to higher-education, values difference in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable learning community. Our beautiful 84-acre campus, a registered national arboretum, is located in the Lehigh Valley in eastern Pennsylvania, conveniently located between Philadelphia and New York City. We offer an exceptional benefit package, work-life balance and our commitment to health and wellness on campus is evidenced by our newly renovated fitness center and our aquatic center focused on healthy lifestyles.
The successful candidate should meet the following qualifications:
- An earned Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy or related field (PhD, ScD, EdD, etc.);
- Demonstrated record of outstanding scholarship and teaching;
- Demonstrated aptitude in the ACOTE accreditation procedures;
- Five or more years' progressive levels of leadership, responsibility and expertise in teaching, preferably in higher education;
- Credentialed and licensed Occupational Therapist with at least 8 years of experience in the field of occupational therapy with eligibility in Pennsylvania;
- At least 3 years of full-time teaching experience in a post-baccalaureate or graduate program with ACOTE accreditation;
- Administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and budgeting;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, scholarship, service and administration, in an institution of higher education;
- Success as a creative leader and in generating external resources.
Applications: All correspondence relating to the DOT Program Director position should be directed in confidence to the College’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Christopher S. Healy, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
1) A cover letter outlining your clinical and academic experience as an occupational therapist.
2) A comprehensive CV outlining your occupational therapy career.
3) The names of three professional references including their relationship to you, their position, e-mail address, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without written permission from the candidate.
Applications submitted by February 28, 2018 will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Cedar Crest College is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. EOE
Apply for Founding Director for Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly