Director, Business Intelligence (Reg FT)
Director, Business Intelligence (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Director, Business Intelligence (Data Management and Analytics) will have managerial oversight of a team responsible for the management, development and support of CCAC's data warehouse and business intelligence environments. The position also requires a technical hands-on approach to the team's work and will include an operational role in development activities. Leads the day-to-day functions of data management by aligning resources and removing barriers to ensure successful execution of the data product roadmap and ensures that the relevant products are fully integrated with the communication and across all campus and center plans. Using exposure to the technical data management solution (TDMS) format, ensures a strong customer focus and uses innovative approaches to deliver effective technology solutions that fulfils the needs of customers. This role assumes responsibility to ensure delivery occurs with a sense of urgency and responsiveness, is completed on schedule and within budget constraints. This role is responsible for data centric development and support initiatives spanning multiple business units, external customers, cross functional IT teams, and third party partners. Supports and ascribes to the information technology teamwork spirit, customer service orientation, and the best in class technology service focus.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than January 29, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: Office of College Services
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Master's degree in computer science, business (MBA), management, information systems or related from an accredited college or university. 4 to 6 years as a data manager. Experience with administrative staff or professional work software product management preferred. 4 years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining application, communication, database, or operating systems software. Two years of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures. Practical experience developing and applying statistical methods and processes to data sets. Experience using one or more BI/data visualization tools, such as Cognos, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Minitab, or Power BI. 3 to 5 years of experience in one or more high level programming language(s); C/C++, >.Net 3-5 years of IT staff management and team development experience.
Experience in leading and implementing databases, Hadoop or Big Data services, expert knowledge of SQL, Python, including database management tasks, ETL development using SSIS or similar software, and Transact-SQL development. Able to create views, stored procedures, as well as other database objects and components. Practical experience in developing and applying statistical methods and processes to data sets, and/or web portal systems. Comfortable challenging the status quo and working through conflict. Maneuvers well to get things done, politically aware and agile and a strong team player in a shared governance matrix organization.
1. Defines and reviews data policy and the technical solution for the management, access, movement, storage and transformation of data, staying abreast of emerging technology trends and techniques in the IT and higher education industries. Works with multiple internal and external customers, stakeholders, and third parties to define data services project objectives, requirements, scope, and risk; documents and maintains project plan, schedule, reporting plan, change management plan, contingencies, test plans and resource needs.
2. Develops, establishes, and maintains a database for recording and updating data asset management procedures and regulations that governs CCAC data and the intellectual property.
3. Develops and maintains data standards, online data dictionary, and works with data owners to update all policies and procedures related to data retainage (by CCAC Board, Administration, state, federal, and other regulations). Enforces the teams to adhere to documented development and promotion of best practices to satisfy internal/external audit requirements and conforms to all regulatory requirements.
4. Reviews the CCAC's implementation best practices and enforces principles of good standard based data design and scalable software development. Coordinates CCAC's cross functional data project teams to deliver projects according to plan, schedule and budget using established standards and best practices.
5. Manages strategic and day-to-day activities associated with assigned projects and staff members including team communications and collaboration, team development, status reporting, task management, problem solving, change management, and data services technology assessment and future planning.
6. Directs and coordinates all data reporting activities. This includes overseeing the extraction, summarization and preparation of data for all key CCAC data publications, including the Data Resource Guide, Managing for Results, CCAC Performance Report, and other regular and ad-hoc reports.
7. Maintains ITS ? Strategic Goal #4, KPIs are implemented and measured, leads transformative information technology projects, provides oversight to a broad range of database development and infrastructure projects, and ensures real business value is delivered to the customer as a result.
8. Works closely with Institutional Research, research, regional operations, college researchers and other key staff to ensure that all CCAC programming meets the highest standards of design and implementation and effectively and efficiently produce good outcomes for Students, faculty, staff, and Community.
9. Oversees all data support for research and program evaluation projects, including those in partnership with outside research entities such as universities and foundations and manages regular projections forecasting populations, which are critical for budgeting, staffing analysis and program and policy planning.
10. Coordinates all data warehouse data and develops user ad hoc reports required by external agencies.
11. Ensures that solutions solve key business and compliance needs in an integrated and simple manner, exploiting existing assets where feasible, building in extensibility, and minimizing long-term costs.
12. Promotes a culture of openness, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, and innovation throughout the organization.
13. Acts as a resource to other department leaders across functional multidisciplinary teams and the organization at large.
14. Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Job Open Date: 01-12-2018
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.