User Support Analyst (Reg FT)
User Support Analyst (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Provide excellent customer service and technical support to the faculty, staff and students. Install and maintain computer software and hardware.
Work location and additional information:
This position will be required to report to any CCAC location to provide the necessary support.
This posting will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than January 29, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
The successful applicant for this position will be required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination and performance evaluation.
Campus: College Wide
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Additional hours, including morning, evening and weekend hours, may be required to meet the needs of the department.
Bachelor's degree (preferred) with at least one year related work experience or Associate's degree in computer science, information science, video/multimedia production or related computer area and minimum three years related work experience. Degree in computer science, information science, multimedia production, or related computer area preferred. Experience in installation and configurations of various software packages and operating systems; working knowledge of network technologies; experience with working as a team to implement new technology. Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing technical information to non-technical/technical audiences. Web authoring, content creation, multimedia production, and training experience preferred. Must be detail oriented and have a proven ability to meet deadlines. Able to anticipate, identify and offer solutions to problems while operating with minimal supervision.
Physical Requirements: Frequently requires physical exertion to reach, bend, and stand for long periods of time, crawling into tight areas, including under desks. Must be able to move, lift, carry, and push multiple heavy objects each weighing up to 50 pounds throughout each work day. Frequently involves exposure to dusty areas behind desks, office furniture, etc.
1. Review customer inquiries and requests for support via telephone, instant messaging, video conferencing and email. Research and respond to tier 2 customer incidents and requests according to established Service Level Agreements (SLA) while ensuring excellent customer service.
2. Troubleshoot any technology-related problems in order to maintain all campus hardware & software in working order and perform routine maintenance/repairs as needed or assigned. Work directly with technology vendors as necessary to resolve issues.
3. Install and configure systems & application software for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS, and various mobile operating systems. Collaborate with team members to develop, coordinate and offer training on a variety of technology topics and solutions to students, staff and faculty.
4. Participate in business process engineering & office automation feasibility studies, including work flow analysis, cost comparison analysis, software & hardware evaluation, thorough application testing and provide recommendations for management review.
5. Assist with the content creation, and proactive editing and maintenance of the department's website(s), portal, and intranet, and participate in development of web-based applications.
6. Manage a video/multimedia project from start to finish, including pre-production, shooting, editing, sound, and post-production.
7. Participate in testing of apps, software and hardware to evaluate the ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing their work. Possess the ability to perform research and make alternate recommendations to management when applicable. Additionally, ensure copyright compliance regarding the use and/or installation of media & software at the college.
8. Participate in the configuration, deployment, testing, documentation and continual improvement of Wireless technology throughout the college. Provide ongoing technical support, documentation and training for these technology solutions.
9. Create various types of internal documentation (knowledge sharing, how-to's, FAQ's, user guides, technical documentation) to increase knowledge transfer and document issues & solutions in a complete, concise manner.
10. Monitor various ServiceDesk queues when assigned to provide additional cross-functional IT support. Work occasionally on as-needed basis during the evenings and weekends.
11. Identify customer or workflow practices that may pose a data security or license violation risk to the college and initiate the appropriate response needed to mitigate such risks.
12. Continue to update and keep technical skills current to maintain high level of product knowledge in areas of assigned responsibility.
13. Identify where technology can better meet business needs of end users and inform management about these possibilities.
14. Actively participate on assigned projects, including cross-functional college-wide technology initiatives, while providing timely feedback to manager and team.
15. Interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately using various communication methods. This includes the ability to maintain accurate, organized, and detailed records and develop and maintain reports and statistics as required or assigned.
16. Work cooperatively with staff within the Information Technology Services Department and other divisions of the college to accomplish departmental, divisional and institutional goals as assigned.
17. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Information Technology Services
Job Open Date: 01-12-2018
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.