Regional Admissions Recruiter
Regional Admissions Recruiter
Status:	 Regular (12-month), full-time, exempt
Reports to: Director of Admissions
The Regional Admissions Recruiter is a key member of the Admissions team and will be based in the North Carolina territory. This position works in partnership with other admissions staff to recruit students from outside of the primary recruitment markets, primarily in North Carolina and the southeastern United States. The Regional Admissions Recruiter works with freshmen and transfer students from high schools and other colleges, and provides counsel to students and parents regarding the admissions process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Regional Admissions Recruiter acts to support a territory under the leadership of the Assistant Director of Admissions and partners on a daily basis to fulfill the multiple and often changing needs of prospective students.
• The Regional Admissions Recruiter will implement proactive outreach using email, text, webinars, etc. to manage a caseload of high schools and community colleges in designated cities.
• Communicate with guidance counselors and other decision influencers in the assigned territory as needed.
• Manage the case load related to the assigned territory including implementation of various elements of the Paul Smith's College recruitment communication plan, counseling prospective students regarding the admissions process, admissions application processing, transcript evaluation, and tele-counseling.
• Meet with prospective students to counsel them on completing entry requirements and to discuss academic programs and financial aid opportunities.
• Work with any office personnel on campus involved in the recruitment process.
• Meet recruitment benchmarks and fulfill enrollment goals for assigned territory.
• Assist with related duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Admissions and Director of Admissions.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field.
• Ability to communicate clearly and make a positive impression on prospective students, their parents and high school guidance counselors.
• Ability to understand and present essential information about the College and its programs.
• Sensitivity and commitment to issues of access and inclusion.
• Driver's license, reliable transportation, and driving record that meets the standard of "acceptable" to the College's insurance carrier.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. and set up a simple display.
• Regular evening and weekend work, and travel.
• Willingness to work remotely (off-campus). Preferred: residence in North Carolina.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, current resume and contact information for three professional references. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent in Pdf or Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Mailing address: Human Resources, Paul Smith's College, PO Box 265, Paul Smiths, NY 12970. Fax to: (518) 327-6161. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Paul Smith's College values diversity in the College community and seeks to assure equal
opportunity through its continued Affirmative Action program. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V