Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
Department: Pacific Technology
Posting Number: 201301251P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 01/12/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Technology Planning and Strategy, the Administrative Assistant II (AAII) provides intermediate level administrative support to fulfill objectives of the Technology Division. The AAII is responsible for the daily office operations and assisting the staff of Pacific Technology. Assists Business Manager and IT support staff with developing and reviewing IT needs for staff and faculty.
1. Performs administrative duties for the Technology Division using working knowledge of the unit’s policies and departmental programs.
2. Composes routine correspondence and memoranda within the unit.
3. Types detailed letters, special reports, and technical papers from written copy.
4. Schedules and coordinates internal meetings, keeps departmental minutes, and assists with travel itineraries and reimbursement procedures for Division personnel.
5. Responds to Division personnel on general inquiries and provides information to staff, visitors, and students.
6. Assists in coordinating Division’s calendar of events and ensures Division personnel are updated with current University information.
7. Provides technical expertise in formatting documents using various University supported software applications.
8. Recommends new procedures for streamlining administrative duties.
9. Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the Division. Retrieves information from files when needed.
10. Answers telephones and resolves routine inquiries: faxes, copies, binds, and collates documents; trains and assigns work to staff or work-study students.
11. Provides the department with financial and budget support through processing appropriate payment of charges, verifying expenses, and monitoring Pro-card activity.
12. Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as University Cabinet members or Board of Regents. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
13. Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
14. Provides support and back up to the Executive Assistant to the VP of Technology. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours.
Hiring Range: Min $15.29 per hour to Mid $19.81 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11290
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.