Student Services Specialist, Recruitment and Enrollment
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
George Washington's College of Professional Studies (CPS) designs programs with the requirements of adult learners and working professionals in mind. CPS offers undergraduate and graduate programs that address the competency requirements of adults working in emerging and rapidly changing professions. CPS programs draw from multiple academic disciplines and are delivered in flexible formats: face-to-face, online, or a blend of both. By combining university faculty experts with accomplished practitioners, CPS is a catalyst for academic innovation, constructing credentials for the workforce that uphold the university's rigorous standards of academic excellence and respond to the needs of today's professionals.
CPS is searching for a full-time Student Services Specialist, Recruitment and Enrollment to support recruitment of prospective students at the college. Student Services Specialist, Recruitment and Enrollment are deeply knowledgeable about the programs they represent. This position is the first line of contact with potential students, providing prompt contact, answering questions, determining if a prospective student meets admissions criteria, and assisting them through the application, financial aid and registration process. The Student Services Specialist, Recruitment and Enrollment uses customer relationship management (CRM) technology to engage with prospective students almost instantaneously as well as track them throughout the recruitment process.
This position reports to the Director Marketing with administrative and functional supervision from the Associate Dean of Administration and Partnerships for CPS and the lead Marketing Manager, respectively. The Student Services Specialist, Recruitment and Enrollment position is housed at GW's Virginia Science and Technology Campus in Ashburn. The position requires travel for recruiting events (both regional and domestic U.S.).
The Student Services Specialist, Recruitment and Enrollment's responsibilities include:
• Utilizes CRM database to track leads and contact individuals who have expressed an interest in assigned programs, updates databases where necessary
• Advises prospective students using a consultative process, bringing in program directors where necessary
• Coordinates and holds information sessions and classroom visits for prospective students in consultation with program directors
• Works with the Marketing team to assure quality of leads and accuracy of data for implementation of marketing plans and campaigns making suggestions for improving the process
• Works with the Admissions team to ensure smooth transitioning of prospects to submitted applicants
• Runs reports from the CRM to identify and monitor prospective students whose applications are in-progress to ensure effective communication and timely completion of applications
• Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in sales/recruitment, marketing, or program management.
Proficiency with spreadsheets and word processing software; excellent oral communication skills; strong presentation skills.
Familiarity with CRM/CMS database and application software (preference for Salesforce and Target X).
Experience in a higher education environment is desired.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Ashburn, Virginia College/School/Department: College of Professional Studies (CPS) Family Enrollment Services Sub-Family Generalists Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:30, with some evenings and weekends Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006916 Job Open Date: 01/12/2018 Job Close Date: 01/16/2018 If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience using Salesforce and Target X?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Explain how your experience is relevant to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have higher education recruitment experience?
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter