Office Coordinator, Housing Operations
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The GW Housing Office is GW's Administrative housing office serving all students in their on-campus housing needs and their summer housing needs. GW Housing seeks an Office Coordinator, Housing Operations to manage the logistics of running the office, including supervision of the front desk, including assisting in human resources, timekeeping, and training, as well as handling student parent and guest complaints.
- Keeps track of equipment, orders technology and oversee student hiring, staffing, and training for GW Housing.
- Promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation between all university and external stakeholders and vendors.
- Serves as the primary interface between the GW Housing and student employment.
- Works with the Operations team to identify and document operational needs and issues from partner offices, interface with appropriate service areas to address those needs and issues, and ensure resolution and follow-up as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for GW Housing - coordinate and/or assist with assigned projects, including new hire on-boarding, scheduling, event and meeting management, and communications.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned, including participating in and supporting GW Housing special events and activities, representing GW Housing at university-wide events and activities. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Flexibility with time management.
Ability to handle multiple priorities from multiple sources.
Technical skills to include familiarity with or exposure to RMS, Microsoft Office (including Access) and/or similar database and housing assignment-specific software.
Supervision experience, particularly with students.
Prior experience or exposure to budgetary, financial and human resources matters.
Prior administrative or office management experience.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
Strong customer service skills of all types of interactions student staff have with GW customers.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Division of Student Affairs Family Administration Sub-Family General Office Support Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006898 Job Open Date: Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What are your salary expectations?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter