BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
Duties: Wharton Computing is seeking an Business Relationship Manager with a passion for people, process, and technology to join its Strategic Partnership team. This team functions as the strategic interface with the Administrative units of the Wharton School for the purpose of business-IT strategy development, solution discovery and development, project management, and relationship management.
Business Relationship Managers serve as the relationship linkage between the School and IT. They provide highly-valued strategic consulting level support and guidance throughout business-IT initiatives. They facilitate, and serve as a lead, for the planning and execution of initiatives to enable the School to achieve objectives through the effective use of technology.
Business Relationship Managers proactively serve as a 'trusted advisor,' and function as a key point of contact for business stakeholders. They represent IT to the School by promoting Wharton Computing's vision, value, services, and capabilities. They also act as advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs.
Individuals in this role must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills. They work closely with others on intangible issues across organizational and business-entity boundaries. Their knowledge of technology risks and opportunities are shared to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the School. Responsibilities include:
Strategic Relationship & Planning
* Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with business stakeholders and IT
* Participates in short- and long term strategic planning sessions with clients to improve business processes
* Participates and contributes to business client leadership meetings
* Understands and anticipates direction of the business unit; identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to support their desired future state
* Leads prioritization of IT initiatives based on Business unit's needs and strategy, IT workload and budget
* Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues
* Ensures the business need is addressed by the technical solution from a conceptual standpoint
* Works with Administrative unit leadership and technical resources to cultivate appropriate solution required to meet business unit goals
* Represents the business strategies and priorities to IT
* Represent IT vision to Administrative units
* Promotes business knowledge of IT processes, roles, and procedures to ensure best possible outcome
* Acts as an advocate for business needs and required results
* Ensures IT domains are aware of key business issues
* Leads and champions change management activities (i.e., frequent communication to staff and clients about the change and the impact of change)
* Provides strategic consultation to business and IT teams and participates in quality reviews and provides feedback sessions
* Advises on options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impacts on end-user products and services and business processes
* Ensures IT solutions support the organization's short-term and long-term business goals and align with IT strategy
* Identifies, documents, and monitors key business processes needed to achieve successful business results; maps and documents processes; develops framework for process improvement
* Analyzes technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of School goals.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and a minimum of four-six years' experience in an IT organization, preferably in higher education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in strategic planning, business development, management and client engagement. Passion for strong service commitment and delivery. Demonstrated leadership, diplomacy and relationship building skills. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications, and presentation skills. Proven problem-solving, mediation, and negotiation skills. Strong overall technology foundation and understanding of the evolving landscape. ITSM/ITIL experience a plus. Prior experience in Higher Education strongly preferred. Salesforce experience strongly desired, but not a requirement.
Reference Number: 07-27737
Salary Grade: E
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Wharton Computing and Instructional Technology (WCIT)
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology