Duties: Advancement Research & Analysis is the centrally-located unit that keeps frontline fundraisers up-to-date about potential and existing donors to the University of Pennsylvania. In addition to identifying potential new donors, ARA provides background information about donors' ability to, and interest in giving to the University, as well as managing the assignment of these donors.
Serve as supporting member of a research team which provides in-depth research services and products to staff in support of the University's fundraising and alumni relations goals, especially International Operations. Directs and manages own workload of prospect research projects including proactive prospect identification. Reports directly to Associate Director of Prospect Research.
* Under general supervision, use departmental, DAR, University, Internet-based & other external sources to compile, organize, summarize and prepare qualitative research reports containing biographic, demographic and financial information on prospects for assigned schools, centers and central programs. Update records accordingly.
* Use departmental, DAR and Internet sources to assess the giving ability of prospects using established departmental guidelines to improve the overall quality of assigned schools, centers and central programs' prospect pools. Update records accordingly.
* Works proactively with assigned schools, centers and central programs to identify and define their fundraising needs, and develop and maintain a plan to meet those needs including, but not limited to, portfolio optimization, prospect identification and research, leadership profiles, data analysis, and industry trends and analysis. Work closely with fellow departmental staff to develop, coordinate and implement these plans.
* Engage in general or specialized training on systems, research methods and vendor products that are used in daily work activity.
* Conducts and/or participates in outreach activities to University clients unrelated to portfolio planning.
* Engage in professional development activity, including a minimum of 2 conferences or seminars and 2 webinars. Additional activity may include continuing education classes. Be prepared to present findings at regular staff meetings. Professional development activities should be relevant to research, analytics, fundraising, technology and software used for such activity, and applicable professional growth.
* Work Homecoming and Alumni Weekend.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelors degree in field relevant to research activities of department and 1 to 3 years' experience in prospect research required or equivalent combination of education and experience,foreign language skills desirable. Ability to compile, report & analyze information from diverse sources & work independently. Knowledge of computer databases and Internet resources used for prospect research required. Excellent verbal & written communication skills required. Good working knowledge of office procedures, practices & methods, including word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel) and database (Microsoft Access) programs. Capacity to work as a team member essential. Ability to work effectively with large, diverse group of clients to meet their research information needs. Ability to work on multiple projects & meet tight deadlines essential.
Reference Number: 90-27767
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Research and Analysis
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: F-Development/Fundraising/Marketing