Social Worker - Part Time
Hyde Park Campus
20133 Psychiatry & Behav. Neurosci
About the Unit
The Department has is organized along “Mission Lines” These mission lines are focusing in a variety of areas and strategic initiatives of the hospital including, but not limited to, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Supportive Psycho-oncology, Consultation Psychiatry, Palliative Care, Eating Disorders, Geriatrics, Woman's Health and general psychotherapy for adults, adolescents and children.
The social worker will be integrated into the University of Chicago Cancer Center's outpatient and inpatient clinics and will provide comprehensive support for center-wide tobacco cessation programming.
- Social Work: Conduct in-person clinical assessment to provide diagnosis and provide individual and group-based treatment to cancer patients who are tobacco users at the University of Chicago Medical Center.
- Conduct outpatient psychotherapy using evidence based practices (e.g. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Supportive Psychotherapy).
- Engage with multi-disciplinary team including members of the Psychiatry and Medical Oncology departments.
- As appropriate, attendance at team rounds, care coordination meetings, and clinical supervision meetings weekly.
- Ability to develop and manage interpersonal relationships
- Ability to exercise absolute discretion regarding confidential matters
- Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Ability to give directions
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and discretion
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to react effectively, quickly, calmly, and rationally during conflicts and emergencies
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Advanced degree or higher in Social Work from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of one year of related experience required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed in the State of Illinois, LCSW required.
Resume and Cover letter
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/