Assistant Coach-Fixed Term
Assistant Football CoachPosition Summary
The responsibilities of the Assistant Football Coach will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance to these student-athletes in conjunction with academic services towards good academic standing and graduation.
- Assist in the recruitment of appropriate student athletes with sound academic and character background to the University.
- Assist the Head Football Coach in planning and organizing all phases of a Division I-A program including game preparation and the recruitment and evaluation of prospective student-athletes.
- Assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; community involvement.
- Other program duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.
- Division I coaching experience.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of a specific position of play.
- Commitment to academic goals of the university.
- Ability to work effectively with student-athletes, faculty, alumni, and administrative staff.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and a commitment to adhering to all polices, rules and regulations of MSU, the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA.
- Ability to achieve a passing score on NCAA annual coaches' certification exam.