Information Technology Support Technician
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: TST
- Job Type: Full time
- Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm - some evenings and weekends may be required
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA
Job Summary: This position principally provides tier 2 technical support, in person, over the phone and remotely. When work study students are not available, this position also provides tier 1 technical support. This position primarily works from the Longmeadow campus, but travels as necessary to remote campus locations in East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, & Concord Mass.
- Respond to IT support requests from clients as related to hardware and software issues via multiple sources, such as phone calls, emails, and referred tickets.
- Enter call data into the ticket tracking system.
- Communicate updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and productivity.
- Provide on-the-spot training to clients as needed.
- Configure and install computer equipment, peripheral equipment, and other personal computing devices.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose escalated problems by evaluating multiple options using checklists and guides.
- Ensure compliance with IT policies, data consistency, as well as inventory management and reporting.
- Participate in project implementation and deployment efforts with team members, clients, and other IT groups.
- Coordinate plans and schedules of installations and deployments and ensure deployments meet client expectations.
- Setup video-conference, audio-visual equipment, and other electronic devices for events.
- Provide basic mobility support for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Perform basic Active Directory related functions.
- Provide maintenance and support for basic client products, peripherals, and network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school degree or GED required. Technical school degree/certificate or associates degree in a related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with the following software: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, desktop management applications (including imaging and software deployment tools), diagnostic applications, desktop security applications.
- Extensive experience with computer hardware and printers, including troubleshooting and replacing hard drives, RAM and other hardware components.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through particularly on challenging and longer term issues.
- Ability to resolve issues quickly when they first occur.
- Willingness to take ownership of issues, particularly when assistance from others is needed.
- Valid driver's license.
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.).
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
- If you operate a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. You must have a valid driver's license and must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University will become a smoke- and tobacco-free community as of July 1, 2018.