Community Relations Manager
Reporting to the Strategic Relations Manager, the Community Relations Manager researches, develops and expands the network of academic and employer relationships to support the University’s vision. WGU’s partnership efforts increase market reach and student access, improve affordability, and enhance the student experience. This position will develop, secure and grow partners in a specific region, promoting the value of WGU’s educational programs, and executing a flywheel approach to effectively benefit both the university and its partners.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Authentically project and reflect the mission of WGU
- Project a professional presence and deliver sales presentations to potential partner organizations with the sales acumen that incorporates WGU’s “flywheel” approach.
- Develop deep partnerships to increase WGU’s reach and educational impact.
- Execute a relevant strategic account plan for every account owned, ensuring partnership launches, maintenance, project timelines, student impact and business results are achieved.
- Research, recommend, and, attend and participate in appropriate regional, professional organizations or events to represent WGU and extend reach.
- Incorporate consistent utilization of marketing and partnership communication that will enhance WGU being top of mind for educational opportunities.
- Plan and participate in WGU hosted events. Participation includes pre-event efforts to secure partner participation and marketing of the event to appropriate audiences, support the day-of activities and complete follow-up tasks.
- Demonstrate thoughtful and appropriate time management in extending the vision, strategies and tactics required for profitable and sustained partner engagement and implementation across all assigned accounts.
- Maintain timely, accurate and thorough documentation of all activities, tasks, contacts and account management.
- May develop, orient and support engaged alumni to represent WGU in regional events, within their places of employment, or, with other opportunities.
- Initiative - Self-directed with a strong bias for action and results; displays keen interest in students and organization.
- Reliability - Accountable to self and others; does what it takes to get the job done; actions are consistent with words; follows through on commitments; exhibits exceptional integrity
- Problem Solving – is able to develop new ideas that will enhance partnership results, is future-oriented and assesses what will help/hinder achieving goals; focuses on what is important.
- Earns trust – is exceptional and persuasive using communication skills, oral and written, delivers on commitments
- Negotiation – can negotiate and influence skillfully and professionally while maintaining relationships.
- Attitude - Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth; self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others; asserts self appropriately to champion ideas; tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
- Adaptability – Manages behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations; tackles obstacles appropriately; is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Student focus – the ability to keep the student at the center of what we do, and why we do it. Exhibits passion about improving the educational experiences of our students by creating lasting partnerships with employers, community colleges, school districts, and the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing or related field
- Five (5) or more years of experience in business development and strategic account management with a record of high performance in solution selling across multiple industry verticals. Strong business networks are highly desirable. Knowledge and use of Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite is equally desirable
Special Position Requirements
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis.
- Ability to have open schedule flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- This position will be an in-office role in the WGU Chancellor's Office in Indianapolis.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States