Chief, Division of Cardiology
The University of South Alabama (USA) invites applications and nominations for the position of Chief of the Division of Cardiology. USA seeks an accomplished leader to advance the clinical, research, and teaching missions for the Division.
The Chief reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Internal Medicine and is responsible for leading the direction of the Division of Cardiology. Additionally, the Chief will:
- Shape the future of the division by working with faculty and staff to develop and articulate the divisional vision and goals
- Develop and enact a plan for divisional expansion and clinical program growth
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality training and support faculty teaching enhancement
- Maintain a high quality academic environment and provide support for faculty research
- Formulate and communicate recommendations for hiring, tenure, promotion, and retention of a diverse set of faculty and divisional staff
- Develop innovative collaborations
- Maintain a divisional climate that is hospitable and encourages faculty and staff engagement, participation, collegiality, and innovation
- Explore the further growth and development of academic / community partnerships in the Gulf Coast region
The Chief is required to possess an M.D. degree (or equivalent) and board certification in Cardiology. Applicants must be eligible to be licensed to practice medicine in the State of Alabama. In addition, it is preferred that the Chief possesses:
- Successful leadership and administrative experience in an academic medical setting
- A commitment to educational, research, and clinical excellence
- Broad knowledge of the healthcare landscape and a vision for the future of medical education
- Interest and experience in collaborative community engagement
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Academic credentials commensurate with appointment at the rank of associate or full professor
University of South Alabama Health helps people lead longer, better lives through its excellence in education, research, and medical care. With more than 3,600 employees, the USA Health network includes USA Medical Center, USA Children's & Women's Hospital, USA Mitchell Cancer Institute, USA Physicians Group, and the USA College of Medicine. Each year, our team of 180 physicians, 240 residents and fellows, 70 advanced practice providers, and 800 nurses handle some 185,000 clinic visits and 350,000 outpatient procedures. USA Health delivers 2,800 babies a year, more than any other regional hospital, and treats patients through some 60,000 emergency room visits annually.
As an academic health center, USA Health provides advanced and innovative patient care through its University hospitals and clinics, as well as first-class training experiences for the next generation of physicians and scientists. In doing so, USA Health has a significant positive impact on the quality of life for all residents across the Gulf Coast both directly and indirectly.
The University of South Alabama is a comprehensive, global research and teaching university that provides students a quality education in business, the liberal arts, education, engineering, computing, the sciences, and health care. USA’s commitment to student success includes incredible opportunities in nearly 100 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programs. USA prepares students for careers in healthcare through the colleges of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health Professions.
The Search Committee invites nominations, applications (letter of interest, comprehensive curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least five references), or expressions of interest to be submitted to the search firm assisting USA. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. The Search Committee prefers that all nominations and applications be submitted to the search firm prior to March 28, 2018.
Jacob C. Anderson, Principal
Parker Executive Search
Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30328
(770) 804-1996 x 111
The University of South Alabama is an EO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression), religion, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply for Chief, Division of Cardiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly