Assistant Director of Campus Activities and Student Leadership
Reporting to the Director of Campus Activities and Student Leadership, this position works within the Office of Campus Activities & Student Leadership (CASL) to provide quality educational and social programming which supports the mission of the College as well as working with the Campus Activities Board, CASL special events and programs, social media platforms/technology initiatives, and contributes to the growth and expansion of leadership initiatives at Becker. Expectations include, but are not limited to the knowledge of current standards and best practices in campus activities, programming, advising student groups, new student orientation, supervision and management principles, and technology/media.
Primary area of responsibility
- The Assistant Director serves as the primary CASL staff member representative for late night and weekend programming events. As such, this is a live-on position with housing provided by the College.
- Serves as advisor and primary decision-maker for all matters concerning the Campus Activities Board (CAB), including oversight of all programming, finances, contractual agreements, and selection/training of CAB members
- Plan and execute CASL signature events (Week/s of Welcome, 13 Days of Halloween, Veteran’s Day programming, Holiday Celebrations, Healthy Relationships Week, Earth Week etc). Support and assist with other CASL campus events including health and wellness initiatives, health & wellness expo, fitness & recreation classes
- Plan and execute commuter student programming, develop commuter related initiatives, support & advocate for commuter student concerns;
- Plan and execute social justice programming, support CASL sponsored Becker College affinity/cross cultural groups, advisors & initiatives;
- Responsible for the electronic platforms of the CASL office including: weekly newsletter, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts, and all Becker College web pages associated with CASL (serve as the primary social media manager for office programs and events);
- Assist and support all new student orientation programs and operations: (summer, transfer and August Opening Weekend);
- Serve as the primary CASL staff member representative for late night and weekend programming events. As such, this is a live-on position with housing provided by the College.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Campus Activities and Student Leadership
Master’s in higher education or related field and a minimum of two years of campus activities/programming and/or student leadership development experience.Strong fiscal management, interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, creativity, organization skills, technology and audio visual media skills, and a good sense of humor.
Qualified candidates, send cover letter, resume and three professional references to Steven Bourgault, Associate Director of Human Resources at [email protected] or mail to Becker College, Human Resources, 61 Sever Street, Worcester MA 01609.
Becker College is an Equal Opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender identification, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.