Director of Development, Daniels College of Business
The University of Denver is seeking two experienced, driven, and passionate fundraisers to join our Advancement team as a Director of Development serving the Daniels College of Business. This is a unique opportunity for a talented fundraising professional to join a dynamic, growing and purposeful enterprise united around a compelling mission charted by Chancellor Rebecca Chopp and Dean Brent Chrite.
Reporting directly to the Daniels College of Business Executive Director for Development within DU. Advancement, the Director of Development is a key fundraising professional for the University of Denver. S/he will manage a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects while also partnering with a campus‐wide network of academic leaders, fundraising professionals, and other key partners to advance the University's top priorities, as expressed in DU IMPACT 2025. The Director of Development will develop and mature his/her assigned portfolio of major gift donors. This will include managing top prospects in pursuit of individual fundraising goals set annually in collaboration with the Executive Director. Additionally, the Director of Development will collaborate with Advancement leadership and senior university administrators, including the Dean of the Daniels College of Business, to determine and implement institutional fundraising priorities, establish short‐ and long‐term strategies, and monitor progress toward goals. The campus‐wide Advancement team is highly collaborative in its work and the Director will be expected to build and foster extensive value‐added relationships with his/her campus partners. Responsible for managing donor's and prospects through the fundraising cycle - qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Develop meaningful and productive relationships with a portfolio of major gift donors including alumni, friends, parents and community members.
- This position is responsible for engaging philanthropic support for Daniels priorities and will work.
- Primarily with major, principal, and planned gift donors assigned to his/her portfolio.
- The Director is responsible for achieving annual goals and metrics set in collaboration with University development leadership.
- In partnership with the Executive Director Development for Daniels, establish fundraising priorities for Daniels based on the strategic vision for the University of Denver (IMPACT 2025) as well as the strategic vision for Daniels (Daniels in Focus). Help educate colleagues and peers across campus on those priorities.
- Engage in the advancement goal‐setting process for fundraising and engagement metrics.
- Effectively and responsibly steward budgetary and other resources to advance the mission of the University of Denver.
Partnerships & University Citizenship
- Serve as an active partner to all central and unit‐based advancement functions and other campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative fundraising practices.
- Model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to form and fully leverage cross‐functional teams of colleagues, volunteers, and academic/University leaders toward closure of transformational gifts.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak and write effectively and persuasively; draft compelling proposals and letters.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to manage budgets and allocate resources effectively and responsibly.
- Demonstrated ability to provide fundraising strategy and support to academic/organizational leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to secure major gifts ($50,000+) and principal gifts ($1 million+) by strategically managing a portfolio and fostering meaningful relationships.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 years of paid fundraising experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Graduate degree.
- Higher education fundraising experience.
- Experience working in a college‐based development environment.
- Experience working with business leaders.
For best consideration please submit your application materials by 4:00 pm MST Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.