Graduate Legal Assistant
Graduate Legal Assistant
Department: McGeorge School of Law
Posting Number: 201301247P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Forty hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and, on occasion, overtime as directed. Ability to travel
Position End Date:
Open Date: 01/10/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Provide case management and direct legal representation to victim of crime in Sacramento County. Providing legal information and referrals over the statewide 1-800-VICTIMS hotline. Conducting legal research and writing on victims' rights related matters. Assist with creating VCRC publications and informational materials. Assists with VCRC outreaching, including: leading presentations to community groups and service providers, attending outreach events. Assist in management of VCRC website. This position reports to the Director of the Victim of Crime Resource Center.
1. Provides legal information and referrals to callers on the statewide 1-800-VICTIMS line
2. Direct legal representation to VCRC Legal Center clients, including complete case management
3. Answers questions and provides legal information through the 1800victims.org website chat function. Responds to text messages, emails, and other correspondences.
4. Conducts legal research and provides technical assistance to service providers on victims; rights related issues
5. Conducts “Know Your Rights” presentation to community groups, schools, service providers, and other groups and organizations
6. Attend various outreach events throughout California to share information about the VCRC
7. Publish articles on victims’ rights related issues in regional magazines and the VCRC quarterly newsletter
8. Assists VCRC Director in creating new VCRC publications and informational materials
9. Assists Director in ensuring that VCRC website and social media accounts are up to date
10. Assists with coordination of outreach campaigns
11. Assists in scheduling presentation and other VCRC events
12. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Juris Doctor from accredited Law School. Admitted to practice law in California.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hiring Range: $24.03 per hour, non-exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11269
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.