Technical Director/Faculty Member
Job Title: Technical Director/Faculty Member
Department: Academic Affairs/Applied & Theatre Arts
Pay Grade: Senior Lecturer or Instructor (depending on qualifications) $45,965 - $57,503
FLSA Status: Exempt (Full-time 10-month Faculty Position)
This position provides management, oversight and direction over operations of the Applied Arts productions, events, department facilities and operations. This position reports to the Director of Theatre and Entertainment Technology.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide oversight and support artistic goals of the theatre program
- Teach 6-7 credit hours a semester or receive appropriate release time for production design. Courses will be based on experience and skillset, but could include; Stagecraft, Stage Management, Production Management or courses in the Entertainment Technology program.
- Supervise and manage the Theatre Scene Shop, including creating and implementing efficient systems for production protocol and operations; and organizing tracks and maintaining inventories of scenic elements, props, drapes, furniture, costumes, tools, equipment and supplies
- Plan, schedule and implement the construction of a scenic design for the Theatre Program productions, using knowledge of standard theatrical construction techniques accurately and safely.
- Assure proper safety measures are followed including regulations under OSHA & NFPA electrical and life safety codes
- Oversee each production; monitor and communicate closely with all members of the production team; coordinate meetings between design teams, directors, and artistic staff; ensure design deadlines are implemented; ensure artistic and technical integrity is maintained throughout the production; read all rehearsal and performance reports and ensure that all notes are addressed in a timely manner
- Create and maintain production scheduling and budgets; approve and authorize production expenses
- Interview, hire and supervise contracted artists for productions
- Write and execute contracts for contracted artists
- Participate in season planning in conjunction with Director of Theatre & Entertainment Technology
- Provide mentorship and supervision for students and interns with theatre productions
- Maintain a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and diversity
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
Associate Degree, plus four years’ experience in related field or a Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience in a related field; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Budget development and management experience; Supervisory experience; Strong attention to detail; Ability to work effectively within a diverse artistic population; Knowledge and experience with internet and computer software applications (i.e. AutoCAD, Outlook, Work, Excel, database, etc.); Creative problem solving skills.
Preferred qualifications – Master’s Degree in related field and two years’ of full time teaching experience; previous technical director experience; Teaching experience in Entertainment Technology Fields.
Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Light work – exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally
- Mental acuity
Office, classroom and theatre setting; Full-time, 10-month basis.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter to include minimum salary required, a CV, and one to two page statement of teaching philosophy by February 23, 2018 to the Human Resources Department at Carroll Community College, 1601 Washington Road, Westminster, Maryland 21157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to qualify for employment, candidates must successfully complete a criminal background check.
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
CARROLL COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT.
Apply for Technical Director/Faculty Member
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly