Assistant Professor of Education and Coordinator of Educational Leadership Program
St. Lawrence University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Education and Coordinator of Educational Leadership Program to begin August 2018. At St. Lawrence University, we believe that the liberal arts offer an essential foundation for leadership. Our graduates go on to work in diverse settings, and we value candidates who can prepare leaders for a variety of learning environments.
We are looking for a colleague who will:
• Lead the graduate-level Educational Leadership Program;
• Teach courses and propose new courses for the Program;
• Be an active scholar;
• Advise and mentor students in the Program; and
• Collaborate with members of the Education Department and the University community.
We especially seek candidates with experience working with students from diverse backgrounds, and who can demonstrate experience with, or evidence of a commitment to, preparing school leaders who promote diversity and excellence through their research, teaching and/or service.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- An earned doctorate in Educational Leadership, Administration or closely related field at time of appointment;
- A clearly articulated scholarly agenda;
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary level; and
- An understanding and appreciation of a liberal arts approach to education and a vision for a graduate-level leadership program in a liberal arts environment
- Successful administrative experience in PK‐12 settings (e.g., principal, supervisor, superintendent);
- Experience in the graduate-level education of school leaders; and
- Experience with CAEP accreditation
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Applications should be submitted by February 7, 2017. Applications submitted after this date will be reviewed as needed. Questions about the position may be directed to Dr. Jeffery Frank, Search Chair, at (email@example.com).
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.