BF+DA Space and Programs Coordinator (1802)
Founded in 2013, the Pratt Institute Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator (BF+DA) is a hub for social and environmental entrepreneurship and production. We are committed to the growth of triple bottom line enterprise in NYC. We offer our community mentorship, studio space and access to events and programs that connect the dots between sustainability, technology, enterprise and production.
The Space & Program Coordinator must demonstrate superior abilities in the implementation of all administrative duties for BF+DA Office operations, including the planning and execution of events, space rentals, tours, and facilities management. The ideal candidate will be well-organized, have excellent communication and writing skills, and enjoy working collaboratively.
Pratt Institute recognizes the strength that stems from a diversity of perspectives, ideas, backgrounds, approaches and experiences. We aspire to continue to grow as a place that always welcomes and encourages individuals of all backgrounds to contribute to and be part of the Pratt culture
- Support the Community Director in the implementation of Venture Fellows, Research Fellows, and Community as well as additional programs.
- Manage space logistics and calendars for events.
- Liaise with Managing Director to address basic facilities needs/issues.
- Ensure public and administrative areas remain orderly including kitchen, storage room, hallways, reception, phone booths, event space, conference room and office.
- Ensure the community blackboard, whiteboard & directory are updated monthly.
- Manage logistical coordination of all calendared events.
- Organize catering for events and Executive Director meetings.
- Ensure staffing for events (volunteers/interns/security).
- Plan and setup/breakdown space including AV for events.
- Manage RSVP lists and attendee communication for BF+DA events.
- Report metrics on audience participation.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts for space rentals.
- Manage logistical coordination of all external events including staffing, setup and breakdown.
- Arrange food and drink catering when required.
- Manage AV, setup & breakdown for contracted events.
- Report metrics.
- Coordinate with BF+DA Team for social media and coverage
- Coordinate tours.
- Schedule tour leader(s).
- Report metrics.
- Negotiate pricing and ensure invoicing.
Internal & External Communications
- Write and distribute community group listserv as needed around programming, events, and community news.
- Collaborate with Communications Director on creating content for the twice monthly newsletters and announcements.
- Co-manage the [email protected] email account with the Managing Director.
- Observe and communicate what's going on at the BF+DA (Venture Fellows Events, special projects)
- Support team in internal communications.
- Support Managing Director on Team and Venture Fellows Calendar.
- Attend team retreats.
Perform all other related duties as required.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
Experience: Minimum three years experience required in related field, preferably arts administration.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Business Suite skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated sensitivity to cross cultural perspectives and experiences
- Negotiation and marketing ability
- Organization and time management skills
- Budgeting experience and skills
- Troubleshooting ability
- Event and space planning project management knowledge and experience.
In order to be considered please submit a resume and cover letter.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.