2018 Part-Time Faculty Interest Pool - Criminal Justice
2018 Part-Time Faculty Interest Pool - Criminal Justice
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09247
Location: Cascade Campus
Address: 705 N Killingsworth Street, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Part time Faculty
Starting Salary Range: 2017-18 Hourly Rates: Lecture $59.08; Lab $43.72; Lecture/Lab $47.56
Job Close Date: Applications in this Faculty Interest Pool will be reviewed monthly by the Department
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but a Part-Time Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 academic terms.
Portland Community College is accepting applications to be considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in the Criminal Justice Department at the Cascade Campus. The Department is currently anticipating a need for part-time faculty to teach Terrorism and Criminal Gangs courses. Please indicate the specifics of your experience with terrorism and/or gang-related investigations in your application materials
The department will review new applications on a monthly basis. Please direct any questions you have regarding the Criminal Justice department and or courses to the department chair at PCC's Cascade Campus.
As part of this application, you will be asked to list the PCC Criminal Justice courses which you would be able to teach (a link to the current course catalog is embedded in the question).
The Cascade Campus is situated in the heart of the revitalized North Portland area, offering students a centralized location and ties to the many cultures represented in the surrounding community. The campus opened in 1971, and has become a focal point for programs in the arts, job training, college transfer and self-improvement courses. Cascade currently serves over 20,000 student annually.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and you would like to be considered for a part-time faculty role at PCC, please review the minimum qualifications and submit your application today.
Notes to Applicants:
- These positions are included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Faculty Federation Employees. Employment in these positions will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Full term pay rate may vary by course. Actual term pay is based on the course catalog contact hours multiplied by the appropriate hourly rate.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct students, using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty.
- Assess and grade student achievement of learning outcomes.
- Use student feedback to improve teaching.
- Be available for a reasonable amount of student contact to respond to questions and to resolve problems related to the course through time spent before or after class or through telephone or e-mail exchanges or office hours where facilities and schedules permit.
- Attend one staff meeting per term as directed by the College and when notified by the Division Dean.
- Provide additional hours of course-related student conferences or tutoring over and above classroom instruction when courses are designated as requiring such.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
- MA, MS, JD or PhD in Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice or related field from an accredited college
- Three (3) years of full time non-teaching work experience in related field
- AS, BA, BS in Criminal Justice, Administration of Justice or related field from an accredited college
- Five (5) years of full time non-teaching work experience in related field
Note Regarding Academic Credentials:
- Instructors shall have earned required academic credentials at a regionally accredited US institution or a foreign institution having the equivalent of regional accreditation. Instructors with credentials from other countries will have their transcripts evaluated by agencies that have good standing with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services to establish fulfillment of this standard.
For more information on PCC's General Instructor Qualifications Policy I301 visit:
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Demonstrated experience conducting or participating in investigations of terrorism-related incidents and/or gang-related incidents
- Bachelors degree or higher
Additional Posting Information:
To apply to be considered for a possible Part-Time Faculty position in this department, please provide the following:
1) Completed online application
Be sure to indicate clearly how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications in the employment history to ensure this experience is taken into consideration.
2) Current Resume/Vita (*Attach)
3) Unofficial Transcripts for each of your degrees (Includes current PCC employees) (*Attach)
Transcripts need to include the title of the degree earned and the date that the degree was conferred and the Name of the Institution.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Notes to Applicants:
- Upon hire you will be required to provide official copies of transcripts for any degrees required for the position.
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Incomplete application packets may not be considered.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.