Posting Number: 201301246P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 01/09/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Responsible for developing, maintaining and managing School Budget and for ensuring that University policies and procedures are adhered to; coordinates and provides recommendations to the Dean concerning resources required to address facility, equipment, and personnel needs.
1. Assist the Dean with the development of the school’s budget ensuring that University policies and best practices are followed.
2. Manage Pacific Fund and Resource Committee funds/awards, including balances, detailed tracking of awards, compliance with parameters and University policies and procedures, providing information to the Provost’s Office, Office of Annual Giving, Dean, Committee Members and awardees.
3. Collaborates with the Tomorrow Project Administrator and Assistant Dean on the supervision of the Program Services Assistant for External Programs and the Tomorrow Project.
4. Coordinates unit’s administrative staff performance evaluation, training, hiring processes, and conducts staff meetings matters related to the School’s financial functions and budget processes.
5. Develops processes and procedures to ensure that all purchasing, hiring, and contracts are in alignment with University protocols.
6. In collaboration with Dean, Associate Dean, and Assistant to the Dean, coordinates and oversees the management of facility construction projects, renovations, and general operations.
7. Prepares/assists in preparation of requests for central funds from groups such as the Tech Committee, AFIC, Provost’s Office (SIF requests), etc.
8. Coordinates, establishes protocols, negotiates, and develops processes for purchasing and requisition of office equipment, classroom upgrades, materials, and supplies.
9. Assists in the establishment of office operation policies and procedures. Serves as liaison between finance center and academic budget office on financial issues as well as serves on or attends other campus meetings or committees as they relate to the School of Education.
10. Reconciles departmental accounts and assists in maintaining a system of internal control over transactions.
11. Ensures all BSE and Tomorrow Projects, External Programs, and Summer Session programs/contracts/grants/transactions are in compliance with University business policies and procedures and in compliance with procedures of various units on campus.
12. Analyzes and makes recommendations to the Dean regarding the appropriate use of restricted and non-restricted accounts; and provides oversight for hiring protocols and practices.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent sitting and computer use. Occasional walking, standing, bending, kneeling and use of phone. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during standard business hours.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11264
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.