Human Capital Specialist I (Human Resources)
General Description of Position:This position provides centralized human resource support, guidance and administration for the five departments in Umberger Hall. The incumbent serves as the initial contact for questions related to federal, state and university human resource policies and guidelines for managers and supervisors in the departments. The incumbent is responsible for facilitating the recruitment process, processing all forms of personnel paperwork, completing the time and leave process, and acting as liaison with the Agriculture Dean's office and Business Office, the Division of Human Capital Services, and other administrative departments/units on campus.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
The Successful Candidate will:Possess the tact, drive, and knowledge to provide great customer service to each person they encounter. Eligible for Notary Public License upon employment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:Requires a high school diploma and two years of relevant experience
- Three years' experience as a human resource generalist for recruitment, employee relations, performance management, time and leave, and employment transactions.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Knowledgeable of state and federal laws and regulations regarding human resource practices.
- Possess current PHR/SPHR certification.
- Possess effective leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely while practicing tact and confidentiality with a diverse group of people and in different disciplines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple duties given from multiple sources.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals internal to an organization as well as the general public.
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system such as PageUp.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft and/or HRIS.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.****
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
Please note: the minimum rate for this position is $14.21. Actual salary will be determined based on the candidate's experience, education, internal equity and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.