Project Manager (Reg FT)
Project Manager (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Responsible for planning and governance and for overseeing the successful delivery of the project/program's output/product. Full implementation of best practices for all major IT development projects, follows system development life cycle (SDLC) methodology, the Project Management Institute (PMI)'s principles, Agile methodology, and improve control of cost, scope, and schedule. Supports the CIO, Project Management Office, Directors, and Staff of the ITS division. Coordinates projects in progress and ensures that all issues related to the projects are clarified and completed to avoid confusion and interruption during execution of projects. Provides communication management support and acts as a point of contact for the division of Information Technology Services to other departments, students, faculty, visitors, clients, and outside agencies/vendors on behalf of the CIO.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 22, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: Office of College Services
Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, project management or related field and a minimum of four years related experience. Must have prior project management experience of 1 to 2 years or Project Management Assistant experience of 3 years or more. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred or Project Management Graduate Certificate from PMI-GAC accredited institution. Must have strong organizational, customer service experience, communication, project management and interpersonal skills. Must have proofreading and editing experience and proposal/technical writing experience. Ability to work with a wide range of professionals within a teamwork setting.
1. Plans, organizes, executes, monitors and controls, communicates, manages resources and risks, and closes major projects within scope, cost, schedule, and quality.
2. Daily project/program management throughout the program life cycle. Coordinates projects in progress and ensures that all issues related to the projects are clarified and completed to avoid confusion and interruption during execution of projects.
3. Maintains, follows, communicates with stakeholders, and adheres to data standards, guidelines, and procedures when collecting, managing, recording, disseminating, and retaining business data.
4. Defines the project/program governance (controls). Prepares project management plans for new projects that include schedules, cost estimates, quality plans, resource needs, risk and issue logs, and prepares weekly project status reports.
5. Manages stakeholder expectations and coordinates with project teams on tasks based on approved projects.
6. Manages the main project/program documentations such as the program initiation documents. Maintains complex records and files on SharePoint or team site; public/customer relations including explaining detailed policies, regulations and requirements; preparation and processing of financial and statistical documents such as monthly reports, travel, claims and budgeting forms; and assisting staff and management with projects and activities.
7. Aligns the deliverables (outputs) to the project/program's "outcome" with the aid of the business change champions. Adheres to data collection and management procedures to prepare, collect, record and input data.
8. Manages risks and issues and taking corrective measurements.
9. Coordinates the projects and their interdependencies. Ensures proper state of change requests and documents them.
10. Manages and utilizes resources across projects. Coordinates with external vendors and schedules appointments.
11. Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.