Community College of Allegheny County
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development. For clinicals and laboratories, adjunct faculty provide instruction of students in the Nursing Program.
Work location and additional information:
Clinical Instruction pay rate: $35.95/hr
Please note: If you are a PSERS retiree, per PSERS guidelines, employment by the College as an adjunct faculty member will result in the suspension of your retirement benefits by PSERS.
Campus: College Wide
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Varies; Currently seeking daylight, evening and weekend lab and clinical assignments.
Clinical/Lab Adjunct Faculty: RN (current PA license); Masters in Nursing preferred or bachelor's in nursing with documentation of active pursuit of a master's degree in nursing; minimum three years of clinical experience within the past five years.
Full-time Faculty and Classroom Adjunct Faculty: RN (current PA license); master's degree in nursing; clinical experience.
Applicants for teaching assignments are expected to have strong communication skills. Applicants are expected to have post-secondary teaching experiences; work experiences in the discipline to be taught; and knowledge of industry-related software and systems, including industry certifications, where appropriate. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
Clinical or Laboratory Instruction:
1. Correlates student's clinical experience with theory, setting reasonable and attainable objectives.
2. Advises students concerning their educational needs, performance levels, consistency in practice and adherence to school policy and/or procedure.
3. Participates and documents the evaluation and counseling of students.
4. Participates in faculty meetings and level coordination meetings as scheduled.
5. Maintains expertise in clinical and functional areas of responsibility by participating in continuing education and/or current employment - denoting active competency and expertise in clinical area.
6. Works as a liaison in coordinating activities between faculty and personnel of cooperating clinical agencies.
7. Keeps professional data records updated.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Support the college's goals.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Adjunct Faculty
Job Type: Adjunct
Department: Adjunct Faculty
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.