Associate Dean - Development
Associate Dean - Development
Requisition Number: STFR004285
Division/College: D'Amore-McKim School of Business
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
As the chief development officer for one of Northeastern University's most prominent schools, the Associate Dean will provide strategic and managerial leadership that advances the philanthropic efforts of the D'Amore-McKim School of Business (DMSB), deepens relationships with individuals and corporations and identifies new prospects, and directs the engagement of those capable of making principal and major gifts in support of the School's innovative programs, research and global initiatives.
Reporting to the Dunton Family Dean of DMSB, and working in regular, close partnership with the Associate Vice President for Development in the Office of University Advancement, the Associate Dean will provide the comprehensive strategic planning and leadership necessary for DMSB to achieve its role and sustain the success of the Northeastern Empower Campaign—an effort that raised $1.4B to prepare exceptional student leaders; recruit world class faculty; and ignite innovations in emerging fields and industries. Leading a staff of six and working closely with colleagues in central development, including those in principal gifts, corporate and foundation relations, gift planning, alumni relations and annual giving, the Associate Dean oversees the daily execution of a DMSB fundraising plan, and the School's progress toward annual performance goals. In addition to serving the Dean as a principal fundraising resource, the Associate Dean will have significant opportunities to offer input into university-wide development plans, and on how DMSB might be of strategic use in engaging top prospects for Northeastern.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred. Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred.
• Seeking a highly strategic, entrepreneurial, energetic individual who has 10+ years of progressive Development experience.
• Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and to carry out the vision, goals, and fundraising aspirations of the College and the university.
• Proven success in fundraising.
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with high-level decision makers, trustees and other top level volunteers.
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary for building relationships with external (donors, prospects, trustees) and internal (deans, faculty, staff) constituents.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly collaborative in approach.
• Strong management skills, including proven ability for providing a team with best practices and motivating them to achieve individual and collective performance goals.
• Ability to travel (including overnights and occasional weekends)
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.