System Director of Distance Learning Initiatives, Job #9794
For most Kentuckians, higher education begins at the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS). Our statewide system of 16 colleges, more than 70 campuses and more than 80,000 students is a critical component to transforming the state’s economy by providing citizens with the education and training needed for high growth, high wage careers. KCTCS has more than 7,500 full and part-time employees. The open position, outlined below, is located in Versailles, Kentucky.
Leads, facilitates and supports KCTCS colleges in current distance learning deliveries and in the development of entrepreneurial and innovative distance educational strategies by providing collaborative leadership to enhance and expand the system’s use of advanced technologies and learning methods. Supports and encourages the delivery of high-quality online and blended courses by strengthening instruction, by advancing the delivery of personalized student support services, and by engaging in collaborative national innovation initiatives.
- Provide system-level leadership for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of distance education projects, projects and intiatives.
- Facilitate the development of distance education policies, proceduces, academic resources, student and faculty services, and an appropriate technical infrastructure.
- Represents KCTCS as the liason to distance education related organizations and and initatives on the national and state levels.
- Research emerging e-learning technologies and applications and to recommend new strategies, methodologies and usage of tools for supporting faculty and student e-learning needs, including competency-based education.
- Supervisory responsibility for the Distance Learning staff and supports the KCTCS Distance Learning Peer Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree (Education, Instructional Design and Technology, Adult and Continuing Education, Distance Education, or related area) and ten (10) years of position-related experience, or equivalent.
- Doctoral Degree (Education, Instructional Design and Technology, Adult and Continuing Education, Distance Education, or related area) and twelve (12) years of positon-related experience, or equivalent
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Initial review of applicants will begin on January 24th, 2018.
Position is open until filled.
For consideration applicants must apply online at www.systemoffice.kctcs.edu
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.