Advisor for Student Athlete Success
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Educate and promote the success and wellness of student-athletes.
- Lead retention initiatives with all coaches and specifically engage with coaches who have large rosters to support student-athletes who may be at risk for attrition.
- Create, organize, implement and assess student-athlete surveys, exit interviews, data collection and assessments.
- Update and track team rosters, analyze and report retention and attrition data, and develop recruiting projections.
- Team with academic advising staff in the Center for Academic Success on academic mentoring strategies.
- Manage athletic study hall with Center for Academic Success.
- Collaborate with the Faculty Athletics Representative and coaches on the implementation of Academic Camp.
- Lead coordination efforts with various departments to enhance the student-athlete experience (i. e. Dexter Health and Counseling Center, Career Development, Residence Life, Center for Student Engagement, Center for Academic Success, etc.).
- Lead student-athlete programming efforts.
- Support the Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).
- Create events for student-athletes (as required by NCAA legislation) as it relates to life skills to support the overall growth and development of the student-athletes.
- Develop, coordinate and evaluate community service and other engagement opportunities for student-athletes.
- Attend athletic department events - including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned including occasional travel with larger teams and compliance.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's Degree
- Required Field of Expertise: 1-3 years in college athletics
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Experience as a student athlete/coach preferred
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics is preferred
- Experience that demonstrates ability to exercise sound professional judgment
- Commitment to collaborative working style
- Strong computer, reporting and analytical skills
- Competency with software applications, especially Word and Excel
- Superior customer service skills
- Able to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
The Advisor for Student Athlete Success is a full time, benefit eligible, exempt level position. Normal hours are 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, flexible to the needs of the department. Frequent night, weekend and holiday event work required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.