FACILITIES AUDIT SPECIALIST
FACILITIES AUDIT SPECIALIST
Capital Asset & Space Accounting
The Facilities Audit Specialist position performs a critical role within our space management team. He/She performs many of the day to day tasks necessary to maintain space inventory records for Duke University & DUHS. It is critical to our success that we recruit a highly motivated individual who can learn and grow with this position as they develop their skills & knowledge.
Important Duties Include:
• Inspect, measure, and classify space based on functional use and physical characteristics to ensure proper utilization reporting and cost distribution. Stay informed of current construction/renovations, communicate any findings to other PA employees (knowledge of space changes may affect accounting for capital assets).
• Review change requests submitted in Web Central (approve or roll back). Work with architectural drawings to record additions and modifications of facilities.
• Provide Web Central space management training for various groups across the University & Health System.
• Learn & verify function codes, and analyze payroll data to enable organizational reporting regarding occupation, utilization, departmental responsibility, etc.
• Participate in the process to maintain an up-to-date department list, accounting for BFR reorganizations as they occur.
• Assist in tracking the lifecycle of all leased space (university and DUHS) for our departmental purposes.
• Continually develop & implement knowledge of various information systems to support statistical reporting requirements and documentation of Duke-affiliated space (These include Web Central, Archibus, SAP, AUTOCAD and Microsoft Office applications.)
• Assist in compiling information for the Duke Facilities & Administrative Indirect Cost Recovery report.
• Participate in special projects, making recommendations to supervisor and/or independent decisions to solve problems or to meet reporting requirements.
• Learn the fundamentals of OMB Circular A-21 - Cost Principles for Educational Institutions and the importance of properly classifying space under these principles.
• Plan & schedule work priorities in accordance with departmental objectives and deadlines.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
1403 FACILITIES AUDIT SPECIALIST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general knowledge equivalent to a high schooleducation to acquire comprehensive abilities in reading, mathematicsand writing.
Work generally requires five years of experience providing theopportunity of demonstrating skills to classify, count, estimate orcompute.OROne year of experience as a Facilities Audit Trainee.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.