ERP Applications Administrator
ERP Applications Administrator
University of San Francisco
This position will perform system administration tasks in support of the Ellucian Banner Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) administrative system and associated sub-applications. This includes research, exploration, and analysis of the ERP and its associated sub-applications. This will include collaboration across all business functions to gather data requirements and identify applications that will interface with the ERP system. The result of these efforts will be applied to develop and communicate recommended solutions and controls for business processes, third party and in-house applications implementations. In addition, the position will include roles, such as being the application administrator for the document management system, document index automation system, and reporting systems. Additional roles include security administrator for granting privileges to ERP modules and manage security classes, and report writer to query and create reports using a wide range of reporting tools and form template creation.
• Setup, award (or direct the awarding) of functional rights to Banner modules.
• Implement and maintain ERP (Ellucian Banner) security classes.
• Apply Oracle “value-based security” features and Fine Grain Access.
• Lead the process to identify and resolve data general entity duplicates in coordination with Banner module data stewards and stakeholders.
• Setup, integrate, and maintain a document management system, such as: EMC ApplicationXtender.
• Setup and maintain form templates, such as: Evisions, FormFusion, and Intellicheck.
• Install and upgrade application servers, incl. patch management.
• Maintain and monitor database security.
• Provide assistance to database administrators and programmer analysts.
• Provide assistance to application administrators for business and learning management systems.
• Confer with co-workers to determine impact of system changes on other services.
• Execute tasks and duties that align with project goals and timelines.
• Carry out preventive maintenance procedures.
• Update and maintain documentation for standard operating procedures.
• Participate in project planning related to ERP and e-business applications.
• Collaborate with the Information Security Officer (ISO) to grant and monitor access to sensitive and private ERP data.
• Support the introduction, coordination, and approval of new data validation values shared across Banner modules.
• Act as ERP technology resource and advanced level support.
• Act as coordinator for the Banner General Data committee.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university required, preferably in information technology or related technical area of specialization.
• 2+ years of experience in a related job field running and supporting mission-critical services.
• Solid analytical, facilitation and presentation skills coupled with strong written, oral and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate across all functions and levels.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be a productive member of a project team.
• Experience providing operational support for mission-critical systems.
• Ability to collaborate with the departments and colleges to gather data, define, measure and identify interfaces that will need to be integrated with the ERP system in support of the University’s mission, vision, priorities and business strategies.
• Ability to collect and organize information in clear, concise written documents that can be used by others to execute solutions and verify results against project plan expectations and monitored controls.
• Ability to seek to understand business requirements in order to translate and identify the technological interdependencies among processes, systems and project issues.
• Ability to work effectively with end-users, to gain their confidence, understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions and trainings.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, such as Ellucian Banner suite.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with Form template creation.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with Oracle Enterprise Database Server.
• Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware Server.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
• Knowledge of SQL query language & PL/SQL.
• Knowledge of document management system, such as EMC ApplicationXtender.
• Knowledge of document auto-indexing system, such as EMC ApplicationXtender Reports Management.
• Knowledge of document retention system, such as Banner Document Retention.
• Knowledge of database security and user access privileges.
• Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows, Solaris UNIX, and Linux.
• Knowledge in setting up data masking and encryption.
• Familiarity with database connectivity interfaces, such as ODBC, JDBC, etc.
• Robust problem solving skills and research skills to formulate solutions as needed.
• Proficient in black box debugging skills.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
? Experience in a higher education environment.
? Experience with Operational Data Store, Data Marts, and Performance Management applications.
? Experience with data support for an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
? Strong understanding of ITIL standards and processes.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.