Associate Director of Legal Education Programs
Penn Law is one of the nation’s oldest and most distinguished law schools. We offer a distinctive cross-disciplinary legal education, drawing on the depth and breadth of the University of Pennsylvania, and a supportive intellectual community for our scholars, staff, and students alike.
Penn Law’s commitment to interdisciplinary education extends to training outside the traditional classroom. In furtherance of this objective, Penn Law designs and implements world-class programs in on-line education; in on-site custom designed and open enrollment programs for practitioners, executives, and others; and via Penn Law’s active continuing legal education programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Executive Education and Legal Education Programs, the Associate Director of Legal Education Programs develops, implements, and administers innovative, non-degree, revenue generating programs at Penn Law.
Program Development and Marketing
- Research potential markets, identify interested and interesting potential audiences and partners, and recommend and prioritize programming opportunities. Identify promising areas of program development that complement Penn Law’s curricular strengths.
- Manage program development; develop, propose, and monitor program budgets.
- Ensure excellent and strategic marketing efforts for existing and new legal education programs; develop content for and manage the general and individual web sites for Legal Education Programs.
- Represent Penn Law and Legal Education Programs to a variety of audiences both to research potential programs and to market existing programs.
- Manage relationships prior to and during programs with prospective clients and program participants.
- Develop and implement sound enrollment procedures and technologies.
- Ensure excellent staffing of individual programs with program directors, faculty and adjuncts, lecturers, and other participants.
- Collaborate with program directors to ensure the development of innovative and informative curricula and supportive events.
- Manage the day-to-day schedules for some on-site programs; develp systems and supports to ensure success of all programs.
- Develop and implement mechanisms for receiving feedback on each program; prepare reports on each for the Executive Director and for broader audiences, recommending program enhancements.
- Manage program budgets; working with Business Affairs, reconcile program income and expenses.
B.A./B.S. required; Masters or JD preferred. The successful candidate will have three to five years experience in higher education administration and/or the creation and launching of new executive education or other educational programs. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent understanding of effective research and marketing strategies. The successful candidate will have a portfolio showing strong project management skills. Candidates must demonstrate a track record of flexibility; the ability to prioritize and complete multiple, time sensitive tasks; and the ability to work well with a wide variety of people. We seek candidates who have established track records as collaborators in the workplace, within the immediate department and within the larger institution.
The University of Pennsylvania and its Law School are equal opportunity employers.
To apply: Visit the University’s Job Listings service at https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/33273