Museum Attendant - 2nd Shift
Job ID: 42852
Apply On Or Before: 07/02/2018
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida--which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens--is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org
Museum Attendants will work a variety of assigned posts and events in all buildings, on the museum grounds and at The Asolo Repertory Theater, as well as patrol buildings and grounds on foot and by golf cart. Museum Attendants are responsible for the safety of all staff and visitors and the protection of the collection, buildings, and grounds. This position will occasionally utilize computers to write reports, send correspondence, and submit work orders.
Duties will include:
- Guarding against theft, vandalism, and other damage.
- Assisting with urgent/emergency situations, such as accidents/injuries, medical emergencies, theft, vandalism, and other incidents calmly and in a timely manner.
- Conducting daily inspections of assigned areas and escorting staff and guests.
- Monitor visitor activity to ensure adherence to museum/Asolo policies and procedures.
- Customer service oriented at all times to include enforcing policies and interacting with guests, and briefly responding to visitor/staff requests and questions to the best of their ability in a courteous manner and/or direct them to where they can find the information.
High school diploma/equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing, as well as via computer and two-way radio.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, walk significant distances, patrol multi-story buildings, and climb stairs to respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to calmly respond to emergencies.
- Must be skilled in customer service as this is a front line position that interacts with and provides information to the visiting public.
- Must present a professional image in accordance with the established uniform and appearance standards.
- A valid driver's license is required for this position.
Museum Attendants receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Safety training
- Private gallery talks from curators
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum stores
- Discounts on selected performances/events
- Free museum admission and much more!
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anticipated Salary Range
$10.00 per hour
This is an OPS/temporary Job.
Soft Money Funded Position
This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University.
Part-time, approximately 28 hours per week. Weekends, mornings, nights, and holidays may be required.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Affordable Care Act
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees that meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information, please visit the following website regarding the Affordable Care Act, http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/insurance/insurance_home&ops=1.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf