Exercise Science Faculty
The Health, Physical Education, and Exercise Science Department at Concordia College in Moorhead, Minnesota invites application for a full-time (3/3 teaching load), tenure-eligible position in Exercise Science. Rank is dependent on qualifications. We seek an individual who can contribute to the quality and continued growth of our exercise science program. Currently over 100 students are declared majors/minors in the program. This position will also carry administrative responsibilities as either the Director of the Program or the Director of Clinical Experience.
1. Teach courses in areas of specialty such as: Introduction to Exercise Science, Motor Development, Biomechanics, Exercise Prescription, Physiology of Exercise, Testing and Prescription, and Advance Exercise Science Prescription for Special Populations.
2. Advise student majors.
3. Work with the Exercise Science program including its curriculum to creatively maintain and improve its quality.
4. Perform various administrative responsibilities related to either the program director or clinical experience director for Exercise Science.
5. Engage in scholarly work.
6. Serve on department and college-wide projects and committees.
7. Other responsibilities as needed.
1. Ph.D. in Exercise Science or closely related field (or ABD with a clear completion timeline)
2. Teaching experience (graduate teaching experience acceptable)
3. Record of scholarly activity
4. Support for a liberal arts approach to education
5. Sympathy with the mission of a college of the Lutheran church
1. Demonstrated excellence in teaching exercise science
2. Commitment to a student-centered approach to teaching and integrative learning
3. Interest in co-inquiry scholarship with students
4. Active scholar including involvement in professional organizations
For more information and to apply, please visit https://hr.cord.edu. Concordia College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.