Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to help WPI through a wide variety of new and exciting initiatives. This role will report directly to the Director of the Program Management Office, and will fill the BSA and Testing Lead role in support of WPI's Workday and ongoing implementations. As part of the newly-formed organization, the BSA will contribute to the creation and evolution of the Program Management Office and its offerings in support of initiatives across WPI.
The successful candidate will lever their skills to guide stakeholders though the requirements management lifecycle. They will support the project management team in guiding project teams through good project management processes and practices from project pre-inception through closure with effective transition to support. They will use their understanding of business processes and the stakeholders to manage the execution of effective testing strategies and plans. The ideal individual will possess a desire to share their knowledge of good business process and requirements management with other members of the WPI community.
Information Technology (IT) collaborates with the WPI community to meet academic, research, campus life, and administrative needs for technology and access on a global scale. IT promotes innovation to deliver an advanced technology infrastructure, security and access management, integrated data systems, and user-centric support services. Join our Information Technology team and help us enable another one-hundred fifty years of WPI's success.
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
If you want a new challenge and want to make a difference, then WPI can help you get there!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
• Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
• Supervise software testing teams
• Manage the design, maintenance, and execution of testing strategies and plans in support of multiple initiatives
• Identify and document problems during testing and coordinate corrective action
• Prepare and present detailed test reports for management
• Work with stakeholders and project management teams to document deliverables and requirements for multiple functional and IT areas throughout WPI
• Work with technical and functional teams to develop use cases and user stories in support of multiple initiatives
• Maintain requirements tractability matrices and requirements repositories
• Manage the requirements lifecycle for all initiatives in which the BSA participates
• Build effective working relationships with members of the WPI community
• Provide input into furthering Project Management practices here at WPI
• A minimum of 3 years related experience is required
• Demonstrated experience in requirements elicitation
• Demonstrated understanding of higher-education business processes preferred
• Experience in business process documentation and design using standard modeling
• Demonstrated ability to communicate the benefits and the methods of using standard modeling and requirements tools and practices
• Demonstrated understanding of SDLC and project management methodologies
• Ability to perform requirements fit/gap analysis
• Demonstrated ability to translate, define and document to functional specifications
• Knowledge and experience in developing, maintaining, and leading the testing lifecycle of a major implementation
• Working knowledge of testing management tools
• Demonstrated ability to manage defects detected through the testing cycle
• Workday, Banner, and Salesforce implementation experience a plus
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills to both business and technical audiences
• Demonstrated collaboration experience with business units, technical staff, and implementation partners
• Self-motivated with critical thinking abilities and leadership skills
• Proficiency with MS Office products including PowerPoint, Visio, Project and SharePoint
• Experience using Atlassian tools to manage test cycles preferred
• Demonstrated ability and desire to share knowledge and help others improve
Posting Date: 12/19/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5248