Manager – Chilton Regional Center FVTC
Basic Functions & Responsibilities
This position provides leadership and hands-on management of all operations for the Chilton region in the FVTC district. This leadership includes development and implementation of multi-year regional center strategy in alignment with the vision, mission, values, and purposes of the college. The successful candidate will also need to manage all aspects of the operations, effectively managing a wide variety of activities on a daily basis in a professional, efficient and friendly manner.
Essential Job Functions
1. Actively serve as FVTC linkage to businesses, governmentals, community agencies and educational institutions in the region.
- Determine programing and training needs in region through advisory committees, contact with community leaders, environmental scanning of the region, focus groups, and surveys.
- Provide direction for the development of active, involved advisory committees.
- Collaborate with Business and Industry Services and instructional divisions to develop/provide for business’ contract services in region.
- Serve as regional liaison for K-12 programming (e.g., Transcripted Credit, Youth Options, and Youth Apprenticeship in collaboration with K-12 Partnerships and instructional divisions. Actively work with instructional areas to convey the K-12 demand and work to translate into class offerings.
- Serve as an FVTC representative to regional community-based organizations and/or activities in order to advance the mission of the College.
- Identify barriers to completion of credentials and actionable approaches to reduce or eliminate the barriers.
- Celebrate student successes to encourage more students to start or persist in their education.
2. Coordinate instructional programming and curriculum.
- Provide overall coordination and support for regional educational programming for credit and non-credit offerings. Identify targeted program pathways and coordinate with the instructional teams to offer students as much as possible at the regional center and clearly map the remaining classes needed at other FVTC facilities. In collaboration with K-12 administrators, develop programming for K-12 students that results in program pathways leading to future employment. Continuously review fit and recommend changes based on the success and student demand for the offerings. Serve as regional liaison to instructional divisions to ensure consistency in the delivery of instruction, involving deans, associate deans, department chairs and faculty as appropriate. Provide for the coordination of avocational programming and facilitate the development, modification and documentation of avocational curriculum to serve the needs of the region. Monitor customer feedback in an effort to continuously improve services and ensure that student learning is assessed and documented. Oversee administration of admissions testing, provide interpretation and guidance for students based on assessment information. Serve as regional liaison to Student Services regarding program admission and enrollment. Provide advisement to students regarding courses, programs, transfer credits, financial aid, and scholarship opportunities. Provide support to students and instructors regarding academic alerts. Foster and coordinate flexible course delivery options for the region.
- Develop, implement, monitor and adjust regional business plan for three-year cycles. Be a catalyst for coordination of business and community development as it relates to trained workforce and job opportunities.
- Continuously monitor regional productivity utilizing key indicators such as FTE production by aid code, numbers served, contract services revenue and cost recovery, faculty workloads and class sizes. Plan and implement promotional strategies for regional offerings and services that result in enrollments. Deliver exceptional customer service by setting targets and monitoring customer service metrics to provide primary coverage at the regional center, but overflow or backup support from other FVTC teams in a seamless manner. Hire, supervise, direct, and evaluate regional center staff. Develop, prioritize, manage and monitor regional center budget. Oversee regional registration process and collection of monies for course registration. Ensure that contracted cleaning and maintenance-related services are completed to FVTC standards and that equipment is operational. Arrange for rental of classrooms in region as needed to meet the needs of communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master’s Degree preferred, AND Two year’s occupational experience outside the field of education, AND Two years of teaching experience, AND Supervisory experience is desirable, OR Equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary. Extensive knowledge of the community and surrounding area is required. Certification as an instructional-related supervisor is required.