Assistant Director of Enrollment Analytics
Assistant Director of Enrollment Analytics
Requisition Number: STFR004271
Division/College: Professional Advancement Network
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The primary function of the Northeastern University Professional Advancement Network's Office of Strategic Research & Analytics is to support organizational decision-making with research and data insights. Reporting to the Associate Director of Enrollment Analytics, the Assistant Director of Enrollment Analytics will support the Professional Advancement Network's leadership and staff with data and analysis to inform strategic and tactical decisions. In particular, the Assistant Director of Enrollment Analytics will take a lead role in managing the enrollment report landscape for multiple stakeholders within the Professional Advancement Network.
Key responsibilities include:
The individual in this position must understand the uses of student information within the university and work to enhance the quality and utility of the data produced from various systems. Strong technical and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as the ability to think critically and analytically, work independently and handle multiple tasks. The ability to distill and convey findings clearly is a critical component of the work. The individual in this position must understand—and be attentive to—the unique needs and behaviors of an adult/professional student audience, as well as the business processes and needs of internal data users.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Requires at least 3-5 years of demonstrated proficiency in data analysis, data visualization, and reporting, with experience cleaning and manipulating large, complex datasets.
• Advanced practical experience with business intelligence and data analysis tools (e.g., Tableau, SPSS, Excel, Hyperion, etc.) required. SQL, R, or other programming experience a plus.
• Experience with relational databases and CRM systems required; Banner and Salesforce a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and activities while maintaining exquisite attention to detail.
• Strong technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as the ability to think critically, work independently and solve problems creatively.
• Demonstrated curiosity and persistence in navigating technical challenges.
• Ability to translate and present analytic findings to non-technical audiences.
• Interest in developing content knowledge of higher education management and the nuances that inform the unique needs and behaviors of an adult/professional student audience.
The following competencies are integral to the successful performance as the Assistant Director, Enrollment Analytics:
• Leverage Knowledge - Shares information across functions in the organization; transfers best practices and learning whenever possible; encourages and shares benefits of new skill development;
• Managing Change - Enjoys challenge of operating in a changing, complex environment; flexibility; tuned into the external environment; builds adaptable systems and processes; maintains values and culture while embracing the new;
• Customer Focus - Customer-oriented; customer-centric; thinks about services and processes with customer foremost in mind; involves customers in developing and improving services; gets regular customer feedback;
• Priority Setting - Good at setting priorities among many competing tasks and projects; process for vetting new ideas and incorporating into existing workload; maintains focus on what’s most important;
• Creativity/Innovation Management - Developing new ideas; original; good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; facilitate effective brainstorming; good process of bringing creative ideas to fruition;
• Communications - Good communications internally and externally; strong communications guidelines and systems; consistency; regularity; sense of everyone being in the loop; efficient use and balance of various communication methods;
• Managing & Measuring - Clear assignment of responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress and results; accountability; timely feedback on accomplishments;
• Relationship Management - Manages external and internal relationships effectively; proactively listens and communicates needs; partners well to reach objectives and goals of all parties; actively works to build relationships;
• Staff Development/Training - Proactively develops new skills; invests in training; addresses career development needs; engages in regular career planning discussions;
• Influence/Marketing - Ability to influence external parties to the benefit of the organization; strong marketing presence and identity; good negotiation skills; well represented at key external events; customizes marketing approach to various audiences;
• Planning - Regularly sets long and short-term goals and develops action plans; develops schedules and task/people assignments; measures performance against goals; evaluates results;
• Process Management - Determines the processes necessary to get things done; organizes people and activities well; sees opportunities for synergy and integration; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources;
• Entrepreneurial Spirit - Ability and willingness to encourage risk taking while pursuing solutions to difficult challenges; adapting well to changing circumstances; determination to achieve;
• Diversity - Assist and contribute to developing an organization in which people from different backgrounds, with different approaches to problem-solving and different ways of perceiving the world feel comfortable challenging assumptions leads to a creative environment with an imagination that will propel the university forward;
• Technological Innovation - Embraces appropriate technologies that are consistent with our values, needs and interests;
• Organizational Effectiveness - Increases levels of efficiency and productivity across the department, division and university to support the development of new initiatives while ensuring the fulfillment of existing commitments.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.