Standard Patient Program Assistant Coordinator - Simulation Center
Required Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must be a Registered Nurse.
- Experienced with program planning, developing, implementing, and evaluation.
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with capacity to learn new software systems
- Flexibility in schedule is required due to Standard Patient (SP) event times.
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Master’s degree in educational technology, education, or health-related discipline preferred.
- Experience in standard patient methodology and/or simulation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of education theory and principles and methods of adult education desired.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator or ability to obtain within two years of employment.
Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Assists the SP Coordinator in operational aspects of the program as requested, following all program policies and procedures.
- Provides coverage for SP Coordinator in their absence.
- Organize various SP events.
- Works with SP Coordinator to create a SP schedule for each semester.
- Coordinate several SP orientations throughout the year including invites and RSVPs from new SP’s. Works with SP Coordinator in the creation of orientation materials and folders.
- Responsible for the recruiting, scheduling, hiring, confirming, and facilitating standardized patient events as assigned.
- Responsible for all SP employment applications and forms, emailing letters of hire, and performing multiple confirmations of SP work schedules in accordance with SP Program established procedures.
- Distribute application, background check and personnel form by email to SP’s as designated by Standardized Patient Coordinator based on initial contact with prospective SP.
- Ensures the completion and accuracy of all required employment forms. Processes forms according to established procedure.
- Ensures that parking permits are created for each temporary hourly SP and delivered to parking booth prior to every event.
- Oversee data entry of all hours worked by each SP into payroll Ultratime program.
- Authorize bi-weekly payroll using Ultratime for temporary hourly employees and Sim Center Lab Assistants.
- Process hours for GVSU faculty / staff to GVSU Human Resources and
- process one time pay hours for GVSU students through GVSU Student Employment Office.
- Work with SP Coordinator to ensure that faculty is emailed the faculty survey after each designated SP event.
- Ensure that guest access is obtained each week and post guest login / password so SP’s can access GVSU network.
- Work with SP Coordinator to maintain both Standardized Patient Manual and Faculty Standardized Patient Program manual.
- Assists in the development of new and revised policies and procedures.
- Assist SP Coordinator in the drafting of the online SP program newsletter and coordinate the distribution of newsletter.
- Works with SP Coordinator to promote and expand the use of the SP methodology with internal and external clients.
- Participates in simulation events, learning lab experiences, data collection, publication, and presentation of research at the local, national, and/or international level.
- Supervise student and temporary employees.
- Actively seeks professional development opportunities and certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and degree
Department/Division: Office of the Vice Provost for Health – Simulation Center
Campus: Pew Campus: Cook-DeVos Center for Health Sciences
Application Deadline Date: November 14, 2017
How To Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a cover letter and resume. On the application you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.