Microbiology Tenure-Track Faculty
Tenure-Track Faculty teach a full-time load as per the Parkland Academic Employees (PAE) bargaining agreement. They advise and mentor students, and participate in governance of their departments and the college.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides classroom instruction in accordance with the stated philosophy, objectives, and established course outlines of the college and department.
- Informs students of course regulations, evaluation procedures, and other information pertinent to the course; prepares a course syllabus for each course and distributes it early in each term.
- Is available for student advising/mentoring.
- Maintains regular office hours to ensure availability for student consultation; provides assistance to students in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate scholastic records of students; submits required reports on student progress according to published deadlines.
- Works closely with department chair to design, maintain, and updated course curriculum and materials for assigned courses.
- Performs professional duties in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the college and department.
- Participates in departmental governance, including curriculum development, instructional materials selection, and academic assessment.
- Participates in college-wide shared governance, including Parkland College Association (PCA) Senate, its committees, administrative committees, and accreditation committees.
- Participates in student recruitment and retention efforts.
- Participates in professional development activities related to discipline knowledge and/or teaching skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Master's degree in Microbiology or related field and eighteen (18) graduate hours in the subject area. (Degree must be completed by May 2018)
- Applicant must pass a criminal background check with finger printing.
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.