EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT PENN DENTAL MEDICINE
Duties: The Executive Assistant will support the Dean of Penn Dental Medicine, Interim Dean of Dental Medicine and leaders within the Dean's Administration Suite. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, proactively managing the day-to-day business activities of the Dean's Administration Suite; handling confidential information with a high degree of professional discretion; prioritizing, creating and handling internal and external correspondence and screening incoming calls and e-mails. Additionally, the position requires accurate scheduling of meetings and maintaining daily and long-term calendars. The Executive Assistant will make domestic and international travel/meeting/event arrangements and draft business correspondence on behalf of the Dean as needed, create Powerpoint presentations and prepare executive level meeting minutes, reports, summaries and action plans. A strong work ethic, professionalism, commitment to integrity, customer service with diverse audiences, scheduling flexibility and a high degree of initiative are required, as is a proactive approach that anticipates the needs of the Dean's Administration Suite. Project coordination, execution and follow-through and extensive event planning expertise is required. The Executive Assistant must have a proven ability to work collaboratively and professionally with all levels of Penn Dental Medicine which includes students, staff, visitors, faculty, alumni as well as members of the Board of Directors, and outside clients, vendors and international visitors. This position represents the Dean's Administration Suite, both internally and externally; and the Executive Assistant must exhibit sensitivity to the position as a role model for Penn Dental Medicine and a representative of the University of Pennsylvania's mission, values and goals.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 5-7 years progressively responsible administrative experience required.
* Demonstrated experience in managing complex scheduling including working on a global platform and coordinating multiple schedules.
* Advanced written and verbal communications skills;
* Exceptional attention to details skills necessary and capable of balancing multiple projects;
* Must be able to work independently, and exercise initiative, as well as be a team player.
* Ability to make decisions within scope of responsibility;
* Ability to work under pressure and deal with difficult and highly- sensitive situations;
* Outstanding interpersonal skills; experience working with people at all levels;
* Excellent problem solving skills required; must be able to recognize deadlines and prioritize work accordingly.
* Highly reliable, dependable and excellent organizational skills.
* Advanced level knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook & Excel.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours.
* The position requires initiative, the capacity to exercise discretion in working with highly confidential matters and the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
* Knowledge of University policies and procedures desired.
Reference Number: 51-27639
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: SDM Deans Office
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: A-General/Professional Administrative