COMPREHENSIVE CARE DENTAL CLINICS MANAGER
Duties: Direct report to the Director of Comprehensive Care Clinics in the Department of Preventive and Restorative Sciences, Division of Restorative Dentistry. The Comprehensive Care Dental Clinics Manager is responsible for coordinating and maintaining the general administration and operation of the comprehensive care clinics on a daily basis. This includes departmental budget preparation and management as well as supervision of various staff, Patient Care Services Supervisor, Clinic Support Supervisor, and Administrative Assistant. It also includes staff performance evaluations as well as staffing level and hiring/firing determinations. The Practice Administrator directs the supply/material inventory process for the Department, places various purchase orders for the clinical and preclinical courses, and works with department course directors to develop supply/material inventory and kit lists for these courses. The Practice Administrator is involved in strategic planning to increase efficiency and financial stability of clinics and leads/direct projects as assigned to meet goals and objectives of PDM.
Qualifications: BA/BS; business or accounting major preferred, minimum 5-7 years in a dental practice setting; including managerial experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; demonstrated proficiency in accounting/budgeting; demonstrated excellent supervisory skills; demonstrated expertise in insurance claims processing, dental insurance claims expertise strongly preferred; demonstrated excellent customer service skills and demonstrated proficiency with MS software.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrate a sincere passion for working with a diverse audience of stakeholders including front-line employees, students, faculty, staff and customers in the Philadelphia community. Demonstrated success in a leadership role which including exceeding financial and operational goals.
* Proven track record in performance management and effective leadership
* Proven career progression with positions of increased responsibility.
* Sound decision-making skills, drive and desire to succeed.
* Demonstrated computer skills, and proficiency with MS Office Suite Programs.
* Knowledge of government and reimbursement regulations and requirements.
* Demonstrated supervisory and team building skills.
* Exceptional organizational and planning skills, along with the ability to manage projects and prioritize work flows.
* Strong analytical skills, along with the ability to work with large data sets.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with a diverse population of faculty, students, staff and patients.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and training skills.
* Demonstrated ability to be task and detail-oriented.
* Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
* Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations with diplomacy.
* Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
* Ability to use standard clinical and office equipment.
Reference Number: 51-27614
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Preventive and Restorative Sciences
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration