Executive Director of Student Financial Services
- Supervise employees in Student Financial Services
- Plan, organize, and implement the student aid programs in accordance with goals and objectives of the college and as required by state and federal regulation.
- Review and stay updated on all federal and state mandated changes each year.
- Maintain and update a financial aid policy and procedure manual.
- Stay abreast of financial aid regulations and implement modifications as required.
- Work with students and their families to determine which financial aid options are available and assist them with related application procedures.
- Oversee and balance all federal and state funds handled by the financial aid office.
- Represent the college with external groups.
- Provide training for students each semester regarding financial debt and general financial literacy.
- Provide financial aid and FAFSA workshops for local high school counselors in order to train them to provide financial aid and FAFSA training to their students.
- Provide training for college personnel regarding financial aid basics so they may assist students with general financial aid questions.
- Assure the proper completion and submission of federal, state, and institutional reports (FISAP, EDCAR, ASAP, etc.)
- Coordinate Student Financial Services operations to ensure that students needing assistance to attend college are served appropriately.
- Work with students to resolve conflicts related to the application and understanding of financial aid policies.
- Ensure the Scholarship Committee fulfills its obligations each year.
- Prepare and maintain the Student Financial Services departmental budget.
- Visit local high schools, businesses, and organizations to provided financial aid information.
- Set-up security passwords for COD, EdConnect, and NSLDS, periodically changing passwords as required by CPS, as needed.
- Attend all Financial Aid workshops and conferences as required.
- Train and monitor employees’ ability to follow applicable Federal, State and Local policies and procedures.
- Assist the college in achieving its institutional goals.
- Serve on various college committees as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution, required.
- Five (5) years of full-time work experience in financial aid, required.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience, required.
- Experience with Banner educational software, preferred.