Head Women's Basketball Coach
Job Description Summary: Job ID: 5131 - PT; Temporary - Unclassified (salaried)
To administer the women’s basketball program in accordance with the policies of Miami University, the Ohio Regional Campus Conference, and other appropriate governing bodies.
Contract runs September 8, 2018 – March 8, 2019 (26 weeks)
Duties/Physical Demands: 1. Demonstrate effective coaching skills and provide an environment that is conducive to the overall development of student athletes.
2. Know and comply with Ohio Regional Campus Conference league constitution and campus policies.
3. Establish and maintain good working relationships with campus personnel (i.e. admissions, financial aid, advising, etc.) in order to gain support, make referrals and provide better overall service to student athletes.
4. Assist in promoting sports programs to the community, scheduling of games, and monitoring student athletes’ academic progress.
5. Conduct and submit pre- and post-season inventory of equipment and uniforms; distribute and collect all uniforms and equipment.
6. Complete eligibility forms, grade release forms, team roster, facility request forms, physical exams and risk agreements prior to the first game of the season.
7. Report game scores and statistics immediately following every game to the local media contact persons.
8. Assist in hiring an assistant coach as necessary to assist with these responsibilities and provide supervision for this position.
Minimum Qualifications: 1.Experience coaching, preferably at the college and/or high school level.
2. Ability to run successful practice sessions as well as proper game management.
3. High School Diploma/GED
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.