For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
- Provide accurate information to students and the community by telephone or in person by interpreting Federal, State and College policies and procedures appropriately as well as follow the guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If necessary, route inquiries to appropriate person.
- Understand Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, Records, Cashier, Testing and Academic Advising processes, as well as a basic understanding of other departments and areas around campus in order to serve as a campus resource for students and potential students.
- Train students how to use online enrollment services functions to support admission, registration, and payment activities. Educate students on how to access College information available on the internet.
- Coordinate services which connect students to meet with advisors or specialists from Academic Advising, the Career Center and other College departments as necessary.
- Verify "in-district" residency documentation. Review documents submitted in-person for accuracy and completeness. Record documents as received in the appropriate computer software. Register students as well as add/drop courses as appropriate and according to College policies. Review high school or college transcripts to determine prerequisite courses.
- Display initiative and be proactive in helping students through the enrollment process.
- Assist the Enrollment Center Coordinator with the training and supervision of student employees.
- Generate various reports regarding students and prospective students.
- Assist with continuing assessment and evaluation of Enrollment Center processes. Provide suggestions to enhance the delivery of enrollment services information provided in person, over the telephone, and via the internet.
- May be required to lead training for areas of specialization to other Enrollment Center staff as well as personnel from other Student Affairs Departments.
- Report Banner problems to the computer technical support group. Follow-up and verify corrections or changes.
- Modify and/or override enrollment center procedures as appropriate and necessary to support students through enrollment processes.
- Assist in maintaining student records including filing and scanning.
- Perform other job related duties.
- Associate degree required or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Two years of general office experience is required.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills are required. Incumbent must be able to give and receive advice and opinions and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service. Problem solving skills.Must be able to use a computer to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm - Saturday and evening hours during peak registration periods. Campus location subject to change during peak registration periods or as staffing needs may change.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.