Executive Vice President
Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Executive Vice President
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 160 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Reporting directly to the CEO/President, the Executive Vice President (EVP) provides executive level leadership to further Aims' purpose, vision, and mission, as well as administrative and operational oversight of the College. The EVP serves as the deputy to the CEO/President and is responsible for the planning and day-to-day management of the College; will focus on retention and completion efforts of the College and therefore has broad oversight of Academic and Student Affairs; and, has direct reporting responsibility of Institutional Research. The EVP will work closely with the CEO/President to monitor and support system-wide advancement.
The EVP will exercise collaborative leadership; advise on policy, procedure, and operational issues; coordinate a variety of activities and resources that support the effective delivery and continuing enhancement of instructional programs and services to students; may be charged with leading the operationalization of strategic-initiatives and special projects for the CEO/President; and, serve on behalf of the CEO/President within the organization and to external constituents as needed.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Provides direct support for and advice to the CEO/President.
2. Responsible for college-wide decision-making in the CEO/President's absence.
3. Responsible for the coordination and oversight of the day-to-day internal operations of the College.
4. Works closely with the College's lead Academic, Student Affairs, Community & College Relations, Financial, Legal, etc. officers to insure the effective operations, fiduciary, academic, student success, and legal functions of the College.
5. Provides broad oversight of Academic and Student Affairs, providing high-level leadership for successful retention and completion initiatives.
6. Provides high-level leadership for the design, development, and continuing operation of a comprehensive institutional research department (inclusive of accreditation and grants functions).
7. Leads systematic initiatives on behalf of the CEO/President and is a member of the President's Cabinet.
8. Responsible for supporting and aligning with the Board of Trustee actions, CEO/Presidential directives, and the College's Strategic Plan.
9. Provides leadership to foster teamwork and unite divisions in an environment of collaboration.
10. Mentor members of division and those of broad oversight to bring about positive change and innovation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of curriculum development, assessment of academic & student achievement, and pedagogy.
2. Knowledge of research and information gathering, data analytics, and application of information to assist in data-informed decision-making, and accreditation processes.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects to completion.
4. Facilitate organizational development and change with effective collaboration of participants.
5. Continuously monitor changes in regulations, policies and technology related to the area of management.
6. Innovative mindset and forward thinking, staying current in community college best practices and strategies for transformation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
1. Earned doctorate from an accredited university
2. Five (5) years of senior-level management and supervisory experience in higher education and/or other relevant public sector organization.
a. Previous experience must include a successful record of overseeing multiple departments/
divisions, budgets, personnel, and other appropriate administrative duties.
3. Demonstrates experience in managing a large and complex operation.
Ideal Characteristics and Experience:
1. Demonstrates passion for student success and the community college mission.
2. Successful experience working in a diverse and multicultural community.
3. Advocate for inclusion and student equity.
4. Successful experience with participatory leadership.
5. Commitment to transparency, integrity, collaboration, communication, and ethical behavior.
6. Superb interpersonal skills, ability to listen, collaborate and inspire others to come together in order to achieve common goals.
7. Experience reporting directly to a CEO/President and supporting/communicating directly with a Governing Board/Board of Trustees.
8. Experience working with an Institutional Research (or related) division.
9. Experience working with Academic Affairs.
10. Instructional/Faculty experience.
11. Demonstrates support of student services programs.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide references from at least 2 supervisors, 1 community member whom you interacted with at your current or previous institution and 1 direct report. You will be notified before references are contacted.
For confidential inquiries, nominations or additional information please contact:
Narcisa Polonio, Ed.D.
Executive Vice President for Research, Education and Board Services
[email protected] | 202.276.1983
Search Services Specialist
[email protected] | 202.775.4458
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing the Duties, Roles and Responsibilities listed in Profile above (no more than 5 pages),,
• Diversity Statement your personal viewpoint on diversity and inclusion,,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2558
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document